RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Cthulhu is my pointman

Default Advice for a new GM.

Howya lads,

I've only ever had the fortune to play one game of T2K in my gaming life, a variant on Escape from Kalisz. Our 5th Division survivors merrily razed a fuel dump belonging to the 4th Guards Army before assaulting their rear headquarters group. Lack of understanding in commando tactics resulted in one player and two NPC's escaping the carnage and we sadly never followed it up.

But enough about me! I've a group of players that I'm trying to push into playing more military style games especially since when I happened to obtain pdfs of alot of the modules . Since they were playing WoD last year, it took a good while to try them on a Call of Cthulhu game but I finally had success by setting a CoC style campaign in Vietnam and making every second scenario just a typical day in 'Nam. Its been a long and cruel process but I think they're ready after Christmas. Finally I don't have to deal with vampires, werewolves and all that crap:L

I know the Polish modules mightn't appeal to the majority of them so I was thinking of running the aforementioned Escape From Kalisz as an intro and prequel and then maybe try them on Armies of the Night. Other modules that I'm sure would definetely pique their interest would be Allegheny Uprising, Satellite Down, Urban Guerilla, Kidnapped and maybe Boomer. I'd just be using them as guidelines but I was just eager for any general advice, especially on that of the modules if people are familiar with them and have played them or used them for a group.

Cheers!