RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2009, 04:29 AM

Default Harpoon

Hey guys.

End of another year, huh?

I'm not into t2k at all at the moment, havnet been for a while now. I still have this page as my homepage though. Its good logging onto the net and coming here. It reminds me of the last home we had (well done Kato, i cant tell the difference from the previous site). All the old guys, a few new ones, are here.

I've got into the wargame Harpoon. I've learnt the rules, become familiar with some different units, run some small scenarios. Its been fun.

Just got into my first Harpoon online game which starts January 2nd. Wayyyy different to T2K. T2K has between a few and allot of players, on the same team, discussing options, making a decision, fighting together shoulder to shoulder and side by side.

Harpoon is you. And your unit (ship, plane, submarine). You decide what to do, tell the ref, he tells you the results, move on. You can make radio contact with another ship/sub/plane but risk detection and your conversation being overheard by the enemy. So for the most part your on your own (sound familiar?). Kinda eeiry. Moody. Scary.

You have an objective, but once the game goes live you follow your plan (such as it is) and hope everyone else is going ok and playing their part. You detect an explosion. Was that someone on your team or the enemy buying it? Do you carry on as planned? Go help? What??? Very very different to role playing.

Anyway, another year gone by. Have a good christmas and a happy new year to everyone.