RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2009, 04:55 PM

Default [PbEM] Schlactebrucke

The lumbering monstrosity that is my Schlactebrucke game has arisen, and needs more souls for its dark desires. Yep, I'm looking for some more PCs.

What is Schlactebrucke? (apart from bad German?)

It started out in 1999 as an attempt to subvert Twilight 2000 tropes. At the time, many PCs encountered on the net were serial war criminals. A lot of torture and prisoner-shooting went on, in a cavalier Jack Bauer sort of way. In this game, doing that leads to the enemy seeking you out and doing it back to you.

Sb was designed to be 'ordinary folks in the nightmare war'. There's no supernatural in the game, only the erosion of all that is familiar and knowable.

A lot has changed since the early days. What was once a US-PC-Only unit now has a Pole, a Hungarian and a Russian in it. The situation has decayed to the point that return to the US is largely impossible; local NATO units are forming alliances with Polish and Russian units to try and avert the disintegration that has consumed so many other isolated unit. The enemy is the same; the militias and bandit gangs with a veneer of purpose ('The Free Poland Army', 'The Counter-Revolutionary Anti-Communist Militia' and so on, big names covering small thugs) that prey on the DPs and set IEDs.

Currently the PCs are in the NATO section of the Krakow Joint Forces (this has nothing to do with The Free City of Krakow sourcebook, which is not used).

The game uses my Cyberpunk conversion, so a 9mm bullet will kill you dead. A 5,54mm bullet will blow a hole through you and a 12.7mm bullet will blow a hole through you that you can look through. This is a deadly system and firefights are frightening.

That said, it's a cool game (If I say so myself) in a band-of-brothers sort of way. The PC characters are superb and they make the game. It uses a high level of military accuracy but lack of military procedures is not a hindrance.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:39 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Schlactebrucke? I had one once and it taste just like chicken!

Looks good....