RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2009, 03:59 PM

Question Campaign and Adventure Seeds Ideas

Anyone out there have any good campaigns or Adventure seed ideas that others and myself could use to spice up a campaign or adventure.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:41 PM
God-Emperor of the Universe

Are you looking for stand-alone adventures or an ongoing campaign theme?
Old 09-11-2009, 08:40 PM

I am looking for a little of both.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:20 AM

I have an idea for an adventure, but with a twist. the players play teenagers on a right of passage to adulthood and stumbles upon or fall in to a morrow project cryo lab distribution Center.this is where i get writers block.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholar rat View Post
I have an idea for an adventure, but with a twist. the players play teenagers on a right of passage to adulthood and stumbles upon or fall in to a morrow project cryo lab distribution Center.this is where i get writers block.
Just a thought to help with writers block....

Teenages stumble upon bolt hole with sleepers...

As the young adults try to decide what to do now...

One gets a tweet on his/her blackberry....

Just as Minuteman III's BLAST out of their silos....
Old 09-13-2009, 04:28 PM

I always recommend that ideas should be stolen from the best sources that you can find and I've run 'The Tempest' in everything from Cyberpunk to Star Trek (Shakespeare used other people's ideas. So why shouldn't we?)

One source that I've always wanted to try is a novel: 'The Gun' by C S Forester see
http://preview.tinyurl.com/qn65wr

This was (very badly) turned into a movie called 'The Pride and the Passion', starring Cary Grant, Frank Sinatra, Sophia Loren. The plot is set during the Napoleonic Wars and revolves around the transportation of a very large artillery piece - which allows Spanish guerrillas to have a chance of destroying a major French asset.

Naturally, it'll need translation into the world of the Morrow Project. Instead of a muzzle-loading cannon, I'd suggest something like 'Your team's mission is to take this artillery piece and assist the KFS underground in transporting it to within range of Fort Bundy. If you're successful - the impact on KFS morale could be HUGE'. Or it could be an anti-Krell mission, or anti-slaver or anti-whatever

The PD's choice of weapon could be anything, but I'd go for something 'early Tech Level C' that might be stolen from the Frozen Chosen or the New Confederacy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_d...1917_Schneider

Obviously, various engineering, combat, reconnaissance, camouflage and diplomatic problems will have to be solved during the journey. As a PD, I'd try and set up a series of events that would require everyone in the team to use their specific talents.