RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2015, 05:03 PM

Default Tips for a first time PD?

I've never run a game of TMP before, but I plan on starting one soon. Does anyone have any tips for me so I can do this right?
Old 07-25-2015, 06:21 PM

The biggest one I can say is: know your group. TMP is a modern game, and a relatively realistic one in game play. I've had players charge into certain doom, unable to recognize their peril or know how to address it. This may not be a problem depending on your OWN level of knowledge, but you should be aware of it so you can give helpful information that their characters would know even if the players do not.

Another one: know the game world. TMP modules tend to assume a certain series of events, a certain path of travel. Teams may well have different ideas than the game designers, and you don't want to force teams to do things they don't want to do. Prepare for them to go off script, go into areas you had not expected and do things you had not planned.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:41 PM

I would say have the players create their characters then to demonstrate how deadly MP combat can be have half of the PC's fight the other half starting about 30 meters apart. Like the gunfight at the OK corral. This lets everybody practice the combat procedure.

I agree with Cosmicfish. Pick two or three of the survivor groups and create an encounter with each one. One encounter could be a bought badge in a small community of fifty souls, that is about to start a trial of an innocent teen accused of murder framed by the mayor's son as vengeance for his spurred advances. Another encounter could be larger community of about 300 medievalists with knights and ladies serving in court that have caught a (real or perceived) witch with psi powers. Be prepared to improvise.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:53 PM

I'm planing on starting the campaign with the Liberation at Riverton module and going from there, but it's all very bare bones because I'm not that creative.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:34 AM

Since Riverton is based in Michigan and I agree that most groups don't stay on script, you still may want to have relevant groups. Michigan has a number of groups that study and preserve native american culture and traditions, so you may want to have an amerind group ready to suggest the team help those poor people at Riverton. There are also pockets of survivalist in the "Thumb" area if they go way off the rails. They might be better or worse than the Imps. Basically, you do need to consider putting some thought into a couple other encounter groups.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:32 AM
Internet Intellectual

https://sites.google.com/a/jadetiger...dom-generators