RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2009, 11:44 AM

Default Draft v Finished Product?

For the purposes of this board, do the readers (i.e., everyone who didn't write a particular piece) encourage drafts of a product or the finished product. I think there are cases to be made for both.

I was working on Thunder Empire last night, and I realized that I needed to update some of the material I have posted to fit with (what I hope is) the growing sophistication of my model of Arizona and the American Southwest in general in 1998 and later. In effect, this means that at least some of what I have posted already is, is effect, a draft.

For instance, as I have developed the story of the Shogun in Nevada, I have come to realize that he can't be used the way I had in mind when I originally conceived him and his army of motorized marauders. Instead, I'm rewriting the 2000 portion of the timeline to reflect one last final major effort by Sonora Army (see Mexican OB) to capture SAMAD before the complete dissolution of the Mexican Army into rival camps in the Second Mexican Civil War. The Nationalists are trying to win public support and forestall a spiralling fragmentation of the Army and Mexican society by pulling a victory out of the hat. (Whether this would have worked or not is an open question.) In the event, Sonora Army is decisively defeated in the early months of 2000, yielding more-or-less the configuration of forces for the region shown in the Mexican OB.

All of this means updating things I have already posted, which brings me back to my original question: would we rather see unpolished material or a finished product from authors? Obviously, no one is bound by the feedback; feedback simply offers a sense of the climate of readership.

Webstral