RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2011, 06:51 PM

Beat me to it ArmySgt. I was wondering if anyone else had the polar and shift missions in mind.
I also notice no one has mentioned "immediate suppression"... which in my day was giving a grid and providing an answer to authentication when the FDC asks for it. Then the default is for a FFE mission. The idea was for units calling for it to get quick help from the Arty when they were in deep trouble. I was told that using those two words will put you at the front of the line for fire support, and doing it when you didnt need to might get you a trip to go make gravel at Leavenworth.

I used to use HE for spotting rounds, that was the default for what the gun line was going to throw in any case. But we could request smoke, illumination (different fire request...i cant remember how to call for it), WP, and during wartime ICM, ICM-DP, and Copperhead. For Copperhead you had to let the FDC know you were "painting"...but all the Copperheads I saw fired missed.

If you ever read "Cauldron" by Larry Bond, there was also a SADARM (Search And Destroy ARMor) round that dropped parachute smart submunitions that fired self forging penetrators into the tops of armor. Sweet..but I think it was cancelled.

And theres also FASCAM rounds; RAAM for antitank mines and ADAM for antipersonnel mines, but you arent going to get those as a request. Might as well as for a tactical nuclear weapon while youre at it.

Last edited by kota1342000; 10-11-2011 at 07:02 PM.