RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlion1 View Post
While this is how it should work, the disappearance of so many personnel would cause notice so I'm betting just a A-Team (heh, heh) were put in cryo and were expected to survive on there own. But on that note I'm also betting the bases that the Snake Eaters were given weren't expected to be abandoned like Project Bolt Holes but to act as a temporary base of operations. Operating like a very small fire base as it were in a nuclear environment. It really counts just how much time they were given to prepare but I could see the Gov't adapting Cold War era facilities for this, ones that had been built during the 50's and the 60's then abandoned and forgotten about soon after. In my area there are still remains of Nike Missile Bases scattered about, one of these could be adapted very easily for a Snake Eater base of operation.
I am expecting A and B teams to be filled and the C Team expected to be formed from surviving active duty, reserves, re-activated retirees, and local force.

I don't think the A teams would have a permanent base or should. Those guys are going where the trouble is, i.e. fighting a guerilla war on U.S. soil against Soviet forces. The B Team likely will or be mobile on trucks to establish themselves near an A team or local force that needs their support.

As for C Team, that would have been formed on a DoD base or post with a core of SF personnel on the operations team and the rest made of non-SF support personnel. After the war started.