RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: You just captured a Soviet BTR-80 intact as your only transport
Take the BTR and leave it marked as Soviet, hoping to sneak past Pact forces 20 35.09%
Keep the vehicle and mark it somehow to show it's in American use (a flag or something) 33 57.89%
Destroy it and look for somnething else 5 8.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlion1 View Post
There is a problem with the "C" and "M" argument though. They actually don't call themselves that. They are all claiming to be the natural US Gov't so at best there calling themselves Administrations or Authority or some other buzzword.
Actually despite my having said in an earlier post that both MilGov and CivGov claim to be the legitimate US Government, it's a bit more complicated than that. CivGov is definitely claiming to be the legitimate US Federal Government, and views MilGov forces as being renegades and deserters (the actual legal situation may vary from unit to unit and which lawyer's opinion you hear). I assume that CivGov has rebuilt it's own version of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and all the other higher military command structures it lost when MilGov refused to recognise CivGov's legitimacy. I wonder who CivGov's JCS Chairman is?

MilGov on the other hand isn't claiming to be the US Government, legitimate or otherwise. Its contention is that (as of the start of the game) there is currently NO legitimate US Government and there will not be one until a proper census can be held and the electoral system is re-established. It is operating as the Federal caretaker authority under marshal law provisions and I have to say, it's legal position is pretty strong.

I think that of the two, CivGov would more readily add new recognition markers and the like, and I really like Kato's idea of the Presidential seal. No doubt they would create a simplified motif, easy to paint on with a stencil.

Tags
polls