RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2009, 01:58 AM
The Stat Guy

I've met women in the Army who could cut it as infantrymen. Not many -- but they are there. IRL, they'd be very rare, but in T2K, they'd be more common, due to simple shortages in manpower.

Women, by and large, can't match men in the strength department. In the constitution department, they can often beat men, and in the area of agility, particularly, they can usually beat men, which is why the US is realizing that women make good combat pilots. Intelligence and Education, of course, are not gender-specific, except for Education in some parts of the world.

Charisma is a special case. I knew a lot of men, both in the civilian and military workplace, who simply had no respect for women. It's a cultural deficiency that's out of date, but still around, especially in Islamic cultures.

IRL, you'd make the best out of female and male attributes -- for example, men make the best grunts, but some of the deadliest Soviet snipers in World War 2 were women. One of Nazi Germany's best pilots was female. And doing stuff like intel is sheer mind work. Delta has the funny platoon, which has women. Interrogation -- well, women can have a surprising effect on prisoners (and I don't mean in a sexual sense or something like that) -- particularly male prisoners, And here and there, you'll just find individuals that surprise you -- one of the toughest infantryman I ever met was a little guy, about 5'4" and 120 pounds, wearing the tentpeg glasses and looking for all the world like some computer geek that had no business in the Army period.

And of course, the allowing of females in combat arms in T2K was primarily to attract female players -- you get someone who wants to play a female Delta operator and rolls a character that can do it, why not? It would make for an interesting character story.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com