RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2021, 11:06 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
Oh yes, I am well aware of what actual toxic behaviour on a forum looks like. One only has to visit some D&D, Battletech, Vampire and even Traveller forums to see that what has occurred here is people getting hot blooded and other people getting their feelings hurt because someone does not share their vision of what the game should be (and no, I am NOT leaving myself out of those categories)
This forum is actually pretty damned tame compared to some of the forums for those games listed above. I'm aware of arguments on some of those forums that have continued over a course of years. And the "version wars", oh my god! The things hurled back and forth on some of those threads would make any grumpy old curmudgeon feel like a puppy in the company of feral dogs - it's more a bloodfeud than a disagreement!
LOL! If you want to start a REAL FLAME WAR, just go over to a D&D5e Forum and post some "houserules" to make it more "gritty..." Like requiring an ARCANA PROFICIENCY Check to cast Spells or reducing the Proficiency Bonus to +1 thru +5.
I once posted that I changed Wisdom to Willpower because I saw that stat as a measure of "mental strength" while I viewed Wisdom as the sum of a PLAYER'S own experience. Not only did this start a flame war, but I made the mistake of quoting Mark Twain's "Wisdom is the product of Experience... and Experience is often the product of poor choices." Some poster there told me she was an English and Literature teacher and that Mark Twain was a racist and no longer an acceptable reference to use. Then she reported me for hate speech!