RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender View Post

You might be back to the Spetnaz raid advocated by Leg but that's doubtful as well: they would have to swim a F... Long Way.
Give the Spetznaz a suitcase nuke and Australia still gets nuked

Or, rather than Spetznaz, who probably are in greater need elsewhere (plus it does sound a bit like a suicide mission for spetznaz), a lone KGB agent operating under deep cover could do the same job and then blend back in to the population afterwards?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:09 AM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
Give the Spetznaz a suitcase nuke and Australia still gets nuked

Or, rather than Spetznaz, who probably are in greater need elsewhere (plus it does sound a bit like a suicide mission for spetznaz), a lone KGB agent operating under deep cover could do the same job and then blend back in to the population afterwards?
Would certainly make for an interesting game scenario with a lot of opportunity for long campaign tracking down the badguys.

I am, however, in full agreement with Webstral. I don't for a second believe that the quite significant US communications abilities found in at least two places in Australia (Pine Gap and Harold E. Holt AKA North-West Cape), would be ignored by the Soviets simply because they are out of range of Soviet land-based missiles.

After some discussion with friends who were more into Twilight: 2000 than I ever was (my primary interest is in the Cold War) I believe that the 'Australia invaded by Indonesia' scenario was an alternate history by a fellow Australian called Damian. None of us recall his full name but we are reasonably sure he had a website with the information and that he lived in Queensland.

Anyway, to throw out some more information, particularly for Mohoender...
http://www.geocities.com/lucktam/awacs/p3aew.htm A short page about the P-3 AEW plane
Old 10-09-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
After some discussion with friends who were more into Twilight: 2000 than I ever was (my primary interest is in the Cold War) I believe that the 'Australia invaded by Indonesia' scenario was an alternate history by a fellow Australian called Damian. None of us recall his full name but we are reasonably sure he had a website with the information and that he lived in Queensland.
According to the Traveller 2300 timeline (which is theoretically T2K v.1 canon) Darwin and Cape York were occupied at one stage by Indonesia. That may have been after the Twilight War though, I don't have my T2300 books at hand to check.

Tags
australia