RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2012, 04:28 PM

James,
Do you mind if I post this here: guildwargamers.com giving you full credit of course...I think it would be of great value to the guys there.

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).
Old 02-13-2012, 04:47 PM

Excellent work as usual James. I particularly liked the 98 pattern uniform and the complete mish-mash of uniforms worn by the Marine patrol.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:26 AM

Cracking job James - well done. Loved the rundown on which colour wooly pulleys different Regiments / Corps wear. Just one small suggestion if you do a second draft - maybe do the same thing for the different colours of berets?

Cheers
Old 02-17-2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Weiser View Post
James,
Do you mind if I post this here: guildwargamers.com giving you full credit of course...I think it would be of great value to the guys there.
No problem, if you wait a few days I will try and update the article to add the beret details requested and a few other bits.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

The Finnish Defence Forces in Twilight 2nd edition would probably be using the old pattern (m/62, m/91 and m/95) camo that has been replaced in the real world by the new (m/05) combat outfit, which would probably be in use with most of the troops in the 2013 timeline. However some variations of the m/91-95 models would have probably been made even in the 2nd edition, based on the experiences in the peace keeping missions abroad prior to the war.

The combat webbing would most probably be the old m/85 with older reserve units using even older models and the special forces being the only ones to use some kind of a modular system (except in the 2013, where the first line troops would probably have the m/05 vest with modular components and reserve units using the m/85). Some reserve units could possibly use the old m/83-85 grays (practically completely dismissed dress/leave uniform) for garrison duty, though they'd be pretty poor for any kind of combat duty.

Low ranking reserve units would still have to resort to using only steel helmets and no ballistic vests while the first line units would wear the anti-shrapnel (flak) vest with or without inserts and ballistic composite helmets or, in 2013, the combat armour of m/05 (actually, it was used already in 2000 by some, especially MP-units). Most useful headgear in this country, especially in the winter, would still be the 'elephant c*nt' - the fur hat, which has its nickname from the m/83 gray synthetic fur cap with some similarities to the Soviet fur service caps like the down-foldable earmuffs and so on.

Last edited by Medic; 02-18-2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Fixed an offensive word...;-)
Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
Most useful headgear in this country, especially in the winter, would still be the 'elephant c*nt' - the fur hat, which has its nickname from the m/83 gray synthetic fur cap with some similarities to the Soviet fur service caps like the down-foldable earmuffs and so on.
Hilarious! Up to you, but you might want to use an asterisk somewhere in the more offensive words (in the way that I've altered your quote above). It tones down the offensiveness marginally. I can totally imagine how that headgear got its nickname though. I LOL'd!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Sorry about the offensive words, but yes, I'm sure you can image a fur cap, moist from sweat and snow. Do I need to say more?