RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2021, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Default Outsider Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Yes, it is actually and a handful of people can see it.
I suppose it's possible that the dev's are lying to the backers, and that no significant work has been or is being done on the project.

Is it not more likely that one of the current/active dev's simply made a copy of the Google Doc and shared it with only other current/active dev's (who presumably abide by NDA's), and that you are no longer privy to the work?

-
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, the gear-book, Baltic Boats, and the co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/...-waters-module

Last edited by Raellus; 03-19-2021 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius View Post
Did that handful of people sign nondisclosure agreements? If so, those people might want to review their NDAs to ensure they aren’t violating them by discussing the status of the development and revision process without authorization from the line developer.
I wrote it. I know exactly what it says and what my limitations are. I assure you and everyone else, I am not breaching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I suppose it's possible that the dev's are lying to the backers, and that no significant work has been or is being done on the project.

Is it not more likely that one of the current/active dev's simply made a copy of the Google Doc and shared it with only other current/active dev's (who presumably abide by NDA's), and that you are no longer privy to the work?
I am not the only one seeing exactly the same thing.
Or is that not seeing?
Time will tell of course, but thus far, it appears nothing has happened. Meanwhile FL has obtained another title and has commenced work on it. They're not a big company so I'm not sure how much attention they can be putting on two different titles at the same time....

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 03-19-2021, 08:24 PM
Banned

Has anyone talked to Frank Frey to see how far along he is on the V4 Madonna? That might be a window in what is going on with the 4th edition that has nothing to do with what is or isnt going on with the Beta. Plus a new version of the Madonna sounds great to me

Last edited by Olefin; 03-19-2021 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:01 AM

After they put out that utterly non-sensical and illogical Alpha reveal, I have little faith. I think a half wit 7th grade wargamer - like me in the day - could have done better. It was comically bad in my opinion and indicates an unprofessional and biased mind set - not to mention anti-semantic - that marks the entire project as hopelessly tainted and inevitably doomed.

They really do need to fire at least one person from the project and have a MASSIVE rewrite of the background that is not so pro-Soviet in slant not to mention anti-NATO. And really, DOES ANYONE think any NATO/Euro-Soviet war would EVER center on neutral Sweden!!!
Old 03-20-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
They really do need to fire at least one person from the project and have a MASSIVE rewrite of the background that is not so pro-Soviet in slant not to mention anti-NATO.
Not going to happen. It's the company's CEO who wrote it.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 03-20-2021, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Not going to happen. It's the company's CEO who wrote it.
Alas, I am aware. That was meant more as a resigned acceptance that it was something that should happen but won't. Hope someone likes going broke on what I would think was a major investment intended to take the company to the next level.

But hey, if you are that clueless as to what you are drafting, maybe you deserve whatever comes back at you. Just disappointing considering IMHO what they said was coming compared to what showed up.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Alas, I am aware. That was meant more as a resigned acceptance that it was something that should happen but won't. Hope someone likes going broke on what I would think was a major investment intended to take the company to the next level.

But hey, if you are that clueless as to what you are drafting, maybe you deserve whatever comes back at you. Just disappointing considering IMHO what they said was coming compared to what showed up.
I agree completely with you - it’s why I asked for my money back
Old 03-22-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
After they put out that utterly non-sensical and illogical Alpha reveal, I have little faith. I think a half wit 7th grade wargamer - like me in the day - could have done better. It was comically bad in my opinion and indicates an unprofessional and biased mind set - not to mention anti-semantic - that marks the entire project as hopelessly tainted and inevitably doomed.

They really do need to fire at least one person from the project and have a MASSIVE rewrite of the background that is not so pro-Soviet in slant not to mention anti-NATO. And really, DOES ANYONE think any NATO/Euro-Soviet war would EVER center on neutral Sweden!!!
They got Sweden so heavily involved because FL's primary market is Sweden.
Without their involvement, there would be very little sales, compared to their other products.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:51 AM
Banned

Twilight 2000 has global appeal - the V4 ignores that completely - the rest of the world is an afterthought - and the audience they need to write for and make the game make sense for needs to be a lot less Sweden-centric or it will fail. If all they wanted to write for was Sweden then why not release an actual Scandinavian Sourcebook for the current V1 or V2.2 and be able to do the job right and not attempting to world build for a V4 and having the obvious issues that they are having.

FYI that was exactly what Marc was wanting me to do by the way - try to take the existing Scandinavian Sourcebook that had been released so long ago and try to scrub it and release it in something that would be useable - the problem is the translation problems alone would be massive - let alone the fact that it basically took a lot of the canon and threw it to the winds - and I have this little thing called real life and 55 hour a week job that kept getting in the way

Last edited by Olefin; 03-22-2021 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:04 PM

I am really worried that this project will be a huge let down. I've read the rules and the timeline and have to say I hate them.

Guess its back to v2 again