RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2024, 01:08 PM

Default USAREUR Units

This may have been posted previously, if so, I missed it. I stumbled upon this site a couple of days ago and it has turned into a rabbit hole unlike most, consuming hours as I reminisce on my time in Germany (both West and reunified).

It’s limited to US Army in Germany during the Cold War but for anyone interested, the site is packed with installation photos, descriptions and maps, unit histories, patches, and org charts. I’ve probably only scratched the surface.

https://www.usarmygermany.com/
Old 08-19-2024, 01:56 AM

https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/in...=NATO_OOB_1989
Old 08-19-2024, 07:27 AM

Sorry, my original post was most likely too brief as it was done from my phone. This was in no way meant to be any kind of ORBAT but, more a source for flavor. At least for me, the meat of the site can be found via the “Directory…U.S. Army Installations in Germany” icon on the left-hand side of the page.

First there are the installation maps, most of which do have building keys.

Then there are the photos, overheads and closeups, dating from pre-WWII to the late-1980s of so many of the Germany installations. It wouldn’t take very much retouching to make them fit a campaign. For instance, kato13 was asking about POMCUS in a separate thread, if you look under Pirmasens, there are a number of related photos (not aviation but POMCUS).
Old 08-20-2024, 01:20 AM

Hi Desert Mariner .

I added the order of battle to add more info as I thought this was a post regarding info for forces in Europe. The installation maps and map keys are great.

I remember my own time there at CFB Baden Solingen Germany with my family. Shopping at Ramstein Air Base was awesome. Travelling around and seeing all the museums and historic sites.

Last edited by wolffhound79; 08-20-2024 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2024, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffhound79 View Post
I added the order of battle to add more info as I thought this was a post regarding info for forces in Europe. The installation maps and map keys are great.
I should have added that I appreciate the ORBAT link as it's one I personally haven't seen before. Something else to include in my summer reading list.