RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2011, 09:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
So there is reason to suspect that there is widespread sexual assault and paedophilia occuring at airport security gates and in police operations? I'm not doubting you, mind, I'm just asking if the feeling is that this is relatively commonplace? Because if it is, where is the public outrage? My 9 to 5 job is being immersed in the media and I read a lot of news articles from the US. I've heard murmurings about this sort of thing but I didn't think it was felt to be widespread.
It's a major worry for many a constitutionalist who see the errosion of civil liberities with how TSA does it's goping (the famous 'Don't touch my junk' cry) of little Children that if anyone else did it, they would be charged with Child Molestation or Sexual Assault. The last time i flew was in 2009, and the TSA wasn't anywhere near as bad as it is now. But they gave me problems over the metal that holds my legs together. They had me taking off my leg and backbraces and wand scanning me over and over and just not listening that i was pinging because my left thigh is a metal rod that goes from hip socket to knee and that my right knee and upper tib and fib are made of metal. They where grabbing and touching me in ways that my doctors didn't even touch me. And this was WELL before the current regulations.

That is what scares and worries us.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

The US Territorial Guard is nothing like the TSA... they are going to be alot more like the Federal Border Guard of West Germany.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace

Oh, there's been some outrage over the "groping" of children and the treatment some people (like 90 year old grandmas) but for every 3 people being outraged by it there's 5 people saying "If we have to put up with a little inconvenience for some security, that's fine with me. Just don't fly and it won't be a problem."

Like was mentioned, it's the gradual erosion of freedoms in the name of security until the *what happened* hits people and its too late.

Stuff like the disappearance of 20,000 SAMs and missing mustard gas that can eventually lead to things like "we need to search every vehicle entering national parks" and then "any vehicle entering the city" and so on. Hopefully there's still enough people out there that won't go quietly into the night and there can be a big eye opener for the innumerable quantity of people that think this is all fine in the name of security.

Now I'm not some wild, conspiracy theorist person. I don't think America is creating this situation in order to grab more freedoms from people. I don't think that the terrorist attacks on September 11 were a government coverup. I just think that it's one of those "road to hell is paved with good intentions" situations. The government wants the people safer, so they institute things reactively and sell it as security and too many people accept it with no questions.

Reminds me of the quote "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."

Hopefully those missing missiles and mustard gas just turn out to be trophies or used in some brush war and we never see them again.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
Oh, there's been some outrage over the "groping" of children and the treatment some people (like 90 year old grandmas) but for every 3 people being outraged by it there's 5 people saying "If we have to put up with a little inconvenience for some security, that's fine with me. Just don't fly and it won't be a problem."

Like was mentioned, it's the gradual erosion of freedoms in the name of security until the *what happened* hits people and its too late.

Stuff like the disappearance of 20,000 SAMs and missing mustard gas that can eventually lead to things like "we need to search every vehicle entering national parks" and then "any vehicle entering the city" and so on. Hopefully there's still enough people out there that won't go quietly into the night and there can be a big eye opener for the innumerable quantity of people that think this is all fine in the name of security.

Now I'm not some wild, conspiracy theorist person. I don't think America is creating this situation in order to grab more freedoms from people. I don't think that the terrorist attacks on September 11 were a government coverup. I just think that it's one of those "road to hell is paved with good intentions" situations. The government wants the people safer, so they institute things reactively and sell it as security and too many people accept it with no questions.

Reminds me of the quote "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."

Hopefully those missing missiles and mustard gas just turn out to be trophies or used in some brush war and we never see them again.
"Prepare for the worse, hope and pray for the best" has been one of my motto for a very long time (the other is "I shall endure"). The people who have no problem with this, usually aren't the ones who children or grandparents getting groped. Or having a loved one put through it.

There is a BETTER way of doing this, and not have to grope kids and grannies. But it's pollitically innocrect to go that route, and once more putting politics ahead of situtational security that can end up with someone slipping through and people getting hurt or killed.

Hell, even as they are doing this... the terrorists could actualy say they've won because of the kinds of things we are now allowing to happen. The errosion of liberties that we have allowed with the way the TSA is doing business.