RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Fng

weswood 12-02-2005, 06:45 AM Good morning,

I've been lurking here for a month or so and thought I'd come out of hiding.

I haven't played any RPGs in years, and it's been since the late 80's since I played T2K, but I ran across my old books doing some pre Christmas cleaning, then doing some research on the web, found this site and several others. Great info from ya'll.

My user name is my real name- Wes Wood, I'm a former USMC sergeant, and I live just outside of Houston Texas. In the Howling Wilderness canon, my hometown, Baytown, and everything around ( Houston, Deer Park, Pasedena) would be a giant ashtray. I'm also a one of those that use a totally different game mechanics than in the rule books. I'm working on converting stats from T2K to that system, and fleshing out some of the modules to hopefully get a campaign going.

Hopefully I can give some valluable info here.

Wes

Targan 12-02-2005, 07:07 AM Welcome, Wes, great to have you along. Yes, I am absolutely positive you can provide valuable information to these forums. I have great admiration for the USMC, a very professional corp with a proud and distinguished history. Much respect to you and the corp.

TiggerCCW UK 12-02-2005, 07:46 AM Welcome to the boards.

DeaconR 12-02-2005, 09:04 AM Hi and welcome. I think a number of us use alternate systems of one kind or another, so it will be interesting to see what you're working on.

BTW, my hometown would be rubble and ruin too under the circumstances of the game.

Enforcer 12-02-2005, 09:54 AM Sempor Fi, Westwood. Echo 2/11, 1st Mar Div, temporary detachment to the civilian world here (LOL).

Grimace 12-02-2005, 11:14 AM Welcome aboard. It's always good to get some new people on here. More of the old timers are dropping off and becoming silent, so it's good to have new people asking new questions and providing new ideas.

graebardeII 12-02-2005, 01:04 PM Welcome Wes.

Won't hold you being a gyrine against you

Grae.. the old fart on the forum

weston617 12-02-2005, 02:40 PM Hi there, saw weswood's post and thought it was probably about time I registered too. I've been lurking about for a good few months, nabbing stuff from my own British based T2K campaign using the v1 timeline. I bought the books off EBay about a year ago, and I've been hooked ever since. I'm also currently a member of the Royal Auxiliary Air Force Regiment to help with Sixth Form and for my eventual goal of going into the RAF as an officer, so I'm able to add a bit extra knowledge about the current state of the UK Armed Forces. Anyway, thanks for all the info!

Grimace 12-02-2005, 05:15 PM Well, a welcome to you too, weston617. Looks like we got the two "W's"

I might be tapping you for some info on the UK military in a short while.

thefusilier 12-02-2005, 06:51 PM Hello and welcome. Its always a great thing to have new members.

ReHerakhte 12-02-2005, 06:52 PM I'll add my Welcome to the two of you as well.

And I'd also encourage the two of you to ask any questions, submit queries or pieces for assistance/critique etc. even if you feel it has been asked/done/said before. Some threads are cyclic and reappear after months or years and quite often generate new info so please don't let the thought that 'it's been posted before' stop you from posting it again - the worst thing that will probably happen is somebody gives you the link to the earlier thread!

I see the UK is starting to increase it's representation here, that'll probably make RainbowSix and Tigger happy!

At least it might stop the board being dominated by us Aussies

Cheers,

Kevin

TiggerCCW UK 12-02-2005, 08:36 PM Welcome to the forum Weston, nice to see another Brit on the boards!

I see the UK is starting to increase it's representation here, that'll probably make RainbowSix and Tigger happy!

At least it might stop the board being dominated by us Aussies

Cheers,

Kevin

Uppity colonials! :biggrin:

Grimace 12-02-2005, 11:59 PM Dominated by Aussies?!?!?

I think you forget, my friend, about the number of us Americans!!

ChalkLine 12-03-2005, 01:04 AM Nah Grimace, you guys are the Silent Majority, and we're a Loud Minority!

ReHerakhte 12-03-2005, 05:08 AM Nah Grimace, you guys are the Silent Majority, and we're a Loud Minority!

Right On Brother!

America might be larger but we're LOUDER!

TR 12-03-2005, 11:07 AM Ok, you guys are louder, must be all that Vegemite... :sick2:

Don't sweat it Grimace, there are some advantages to being the silent majority, we get to wait, watch and observe waiting for our chance to overthrow the world...

Grimace 12-03-2005, 11:38 AM *Stimpy voice* What are we going to do today, TR, what are we going to do?

awaits answer from TR....

TR 12-03-2005, 12:04 PM The same thing we do everynight, plot to take over the world...