RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2018, 11:32 AM
Banned

I remember your post Roel - and its very helpful on stuff I am working on - I liked the information in the pdf I posted because of the stuff it had on weapons that were in storage - much of which is not covered in any Twilight 2000 canon information on the Netherlands - just looking at what they had in 1994 still you can see:

30,693 M1 carbine
8403 M1 Garand rifles
39,000 Uzi's
39,000 Browning 9mm pistols
27,000 FAL rifles
1950 Bren machine guns
74 M-40A1 106mm recoilless rifles

Let alone stuff like the YP-408 APC's

So right there you have what you need to equip militia or reservist troops for any scenario you have in the Netherlands let alone possible equipment you would have people run into if you were running a game - i.e. the French unit you have that runs into Netherlands resistance fighters armed with old M1 Garands and Uzi's and have an M-40A1 that takes out the APC that was backing you up

hope its useful to you
Old 03-14-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
I remember your post Roel - and its very helpful on stuff I am working on - I liked the information in the pdf I posted because of the stuff it had on weapons that were in storage - much of which is not covered in any Twilight 2000 canon information on the Netherlands - just looking at what they had in 1994 still you can see:

30,693 M1 carbine
8403 M1 Garand rifles
39,000 Uzi's
39,000 Browning 9mm pistols
27,000 FAL rifles
1950 Bren machine guns
74 M-40A1 106mm recoilless rifles

Let alone stuff like the YP-408 APC's

So right there you have what you need to equip militia or reservist troops for any scenario you have in the Netherlands let alone possible equipment you would have people run into if you were running a game - i.e. the French unit you have that runs into Netherlands resistance fighters armed with old M1 Garands and Uzi's and have an M-40A1 that takes out the APC that was backing you up

hope its useful to you
Well did also some other stuff, mostly pre war and pre-French invasion , thanks for liking it.

Also if the nukes go of in Amsterdam, you can say good by to the Fokker plants as they where located next to Shiphol Airport.

Also Olefin there are also some former minesweepers who where transferred to the sea scouts who could go back to service.

Also this in dutch but you can use google translate are a list of all MOB places in the Netherlands, interesting are the POMS Sites (Prepositioned Organizational Material Sets belonging to the US army.

http://www.forten.info/index.htm?cat...jnen/hoofd.htm

Last edited by lordroel; 03-14-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:39 PM
Banned

FYI there are a bunch of papers at the site that I got this from

the link to them all is https://www.bicc.de/uploads/tx_bicctools/

the Dutch pdf I posted with the info on their surplus weapons is paper 5 - i.e. https://www.bicc.de/uploads/tx_bicctools/paper5.pdf

Going to look thru but from what I saw there might be others like it that could help on various areas for people either doing research or campaigns - and from what I am seeing it could be used for V1 or V2.2

With V1 having the weapons shown still with the Dutch Army (i.e. no post Cold War draw down and no conventional force draw down) versus V2.2 that would have it and thus you can see what they would have gotten rid of

If I find anymore I will post them here
Old 03-14-2018, 04:45 PM

Might want to take a look at his site (a colleague of mine), for a very detailed take on the Netherlands.

https://www.orbat85.nl
Old 03-14-2018, 04:54 PM
Banned

I have and love that site - lots of great info - combine the two together and you have a real look at what they had for equipment - and what surviving military forces might have (both militia, resistance and regular military)

and it also shows the units that were missing or incorrect in the canon - especially the Netherlands Royal Marines - they are not described correctly in the canon NATO releases - in size or in name - as well as other parts of the Netherlands Armed Forces
Old 03-14-2018, 07:50 PM
Registered Registrant

I've just had a look through the pdf that Olefin linked. Does anyone know if those Bren Guns (1949 of them) were in .303 or 7.62x51mm calibre?
I was going to assume they were 7.62mm but considering the sheer number of M1 Carbines and M1 Garands they kept in storage, it's probably dangerous to assume!
Old 03-14-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
I've just had a look through the pdf that Olefin linked. Does anyone know if those Bren Guns (1949 of them) were in .303 or 7.62x51mm calibre?
I was going to assume they were 7.62mm but considering the sheer number of M1 Carbines and M1 Garands they kept in storage, it's probably dangerous to assume!
Since you committed yourself to 7.62mm, naturally they were in .303. Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons has a copy of 1943 manual No. 802, titled "Ontwerp-Voorschrift voor den Lichten Mitrailleur van 7,7mm (Bren model I)."

Edit: I suppose they could have been re-barreled after the war, but I haven't seen records regarding that.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louied View Post
Might want to take a look at his site (a colleague of mine), for a very detailed take on the Netherlands.

https://www.orbat85.nl
I have it and read it a lot, used it for my Dutch forces in the Caribbean in 1997.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:09 AM
Banned

Interesting place I read about today - BAIV (British American Infantry Vehicles) BV - its a company in Maarheeze (close to Eindhoven) that supplies, restores and serves historic WW2 Armored Vehicles & Tanks. Its got a fully equipped workshop and was started in the early 90's by a bunch of old vehicle collectors as a place they could work on vehicles together before becoming a for profit business around 2002.

Could be an interesting place for players doing a campaign in the Netherlands to go to for either spare parts, tools or working vehicles - and its exactly the kind of place that would have been overlooked. Among other things they had old jeeps, trucks and even a fully restored and working Comet tank that has a live barrel - and that was in that condition in the mid-90s. Alternatively it could be a way to introduce some interesting vehicles into an encounter if you are running French characters and have them run into either marauders or Dutch resistance.

As in "what the hell is that?" as a Comet tank fires from ambush on a French and Belgian patrol near Eindhoven
Old 03-16-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Interesting place I read about today - BAIV (British American Infantry Vehicles) BV - its a company in Maarheeze (close to Eindhoven) that supplies, restores and serves historic WW2 Armored Vehicles & Tanks. Its got a fully equipped workshop and was started in the early 90's by a bunch of old vehicle collectors as a place they could work on vehicles together before becoming a for profit business around 2002.

Could be an interesting place for players doing a campaign in the Netherlands to go to for either spare parts, tools or working vehicles - and its exactly the kind of place that would have been overlooked. Among other things they had old jeeps, trucks and even a fully restored and working Comet tank that has a live barrel - and that was in that condition in the mid-90s. Alternatively it could be a way to introduce some interesting vehicles into an encounter if you are running French characters and have them run into either marauders or Dutch resistance.
Eindhoven would be under French occupation, its also the location of the DAF factory.