RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 11-25-2021, 02:44 PM

Default Follow Up To Mike Force Morrow?

Hey there, haven't been back to these forums in a while, but I'm finally starting a PbP game on https://rpol.net/ for the Morrow Project using the Savage World Rules. (If anyone's interested, I may dump some of my Savage Morrow Project stuff here. I may do it anyway, even if no one is interested.)

I was reading through some of the documents on the Supply Bunker and I ran into one called Mike Force Morrow by Michael A. Cessna which ends with "In the next article, we will look at one MFM that didn't work out quite the way the Planners had intended." Does anyone have the next article? (And are there a bunch more?)

Somehow I think I've read it before, but my memory is vague. It's possible I'm remember a different post by S.N. Jackson since I always liked the project as portrayed there.

If I recall correctly the MFM team gets thawed early as a sort of test run in a trial scenario but they go mad with power and wind up conquering a local rural town before they're dealt with. As I recall, the story was an explainer as to why the Morrow Project prioritizes ethics over skills, since when they attempted the opposite it blew up.

Any bells?
Old 11-25-2021, 05:07 PM

I believe this was the follow-up referred to.

http://www.thesupplybunker.net/Morro...9;smilitia.txt
Old 11-25-2021, 06:30 PM

Thanks. Yeah, that's it. Turned out similar to what I was remembering but huh... Not quite.