RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 07:25 AM

Default PF 012 American Outback

The latest in the module line, Outback introduces a recon team into Eastern Nevada as well as a manned communications rely base.

I've always enjoyed Joseph Benedetto's work and look forward to seeing more of his work (Amerindian Empire really needs to be the next module!!!)

I've been able to play this module once and it seems to recapture Riverton's simplicity adding a detailed description (for its size) of the 93 Territory and suggesting links to Desert Search. The team faces off with a corrupt ranch owner (shades of the Magnificent Seven!) and rescues the damsel in distress and meets the last survivor of a team that was awakened 47 years prior.

Overall, an excellent module and worth looking forward to Benedetto's next work (hint! hint!)
Old 11-29-2011, 04:00 PM

I enjoyed the description of the steam locomotive and the train line in the scenario. I also really got a chuckle out of the description of the telegraph operator.

"When is the next train??......ABout two days from now."

The lone Morrow Project Survivor having faithfully served for 47!!! years is a great addition to the module.

All in all, a good module.

You could very easily build this into Liberation as a follow-on. Maybe there is a Delta Base in the area? Of course the tie in to Desert Search and possibly Prime should not be overlooked by a GM with an experienced team.

My $0.02

Mike
Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo80 View Post
I enjoyed the description of the steam locomotive and the train line in the scenario. I also really got a chuckle out of the description of the telegraph operator.

"When is the next train??......ABout two days from now."

The lone Morrow Project Survivor having faithfully served for 47!!! years is a great addition to the module.

All in all, a good module.

You could very easily build this into Liberation as a follow-on. Maybe there is a Delta Base in the area? Of course the tie in to Desert Search and possibly Prime should not be overlooked by a GM with an experienced team.

My $0.02

Mike
IMO, but a nice set might be Outback-Desert Search-Prime Base or Outback-Amerindian Empire-Desert Search-Prime Base (yes I'm aware AE has not been printed!), a whole series of adventures based around the Lake Bonneville area, with a chance to explore portions of Utah and Idaho.

I can even see a automated resupply base and possibly even a manned/unmanned communications relay site.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Internet Intellectual

I don't have this module either. I should just to complete the collection.

So its like a 50s cowboy serial?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:32 AM

Yup!
Old 12-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Internet Intellectual

I have this module now......

which is good...... You get the hit chart for a Ranger APC with turret.

Also you get the plans for a MP base on small scale that had a planned cryosleep then wake up and use facility after recall.

Therefore, if you are planning a module or mission for a science team or specialty team that has a habitable bolthole this makes a fair decent template.

I think, that the background and writing for this module is a bit to contrived to create a 1950s cowboy scenario..........

The back story is interesting with survivors of the strike on Las Vegas....... just the native americans giving up technology and taking on symbolic names does not seem at all realistic to me.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:51 PM

It kind of counts on how 'back to there roots' they go. Without modern tech (yup, Got to love EMP!) I can easily see Indians going back to the ways that helped them survive before technology came through and disrupted things. I always liked this module, if for nothing else the description of the bar. I've uses variants of it for the last year.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:40 PM
8th Guards Mech Corps

Send a message via Yahoo to Anton_Lysenko

I don't know. Even Shadowrun has the Indians "go back to their roots" to some extent. I like how Aces & Eights handles it with the Cherokee Nation: they keep advancing forward and one of the three nations (the other two being the US and CS) building rail lines.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:10 PM

The only gripe is .30-30 isn't rimfire, but the module is put together well. But as a former airman, I must say that peacekeepers are pathetic 4X4's.