RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 05-13-2021, 02:23 PM

Default Help! I need some advice on my Windows Updates

I just received a Windows Security update to my computer on Tuesday night and now I'm having ALL KINDS OF TROUBLE. My computer (an older HP using Windows 7 with all the updates) got this download and now my CPU is running at 25% all the time, my keyboard lags when I type and I cannot use GOOGLE Chrome anymore (my default web browser after Bing came out). I'm back to Internet Explorer and my Windows keeps trying to upgrade me but my system is "obsolete." I was looking to buy a newer computer (once i can find a REPUTABLE computer shop), but I don't want to lose the work I have on this computer.

So here's my question...

Given that I cannot log into just any website or link (it took me 20 minutes to log in here), How in the hell do I uninstall the latest Windows updates that have caused all this havoc?
Old 05-13-2021, 02:27 PM

What update did it install (iron be numbered something like KBxxxxx).

You might be able to go into your control panel and then uninstall the offending update.

You may have to go to your security and backup and load the most recent restore point.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
What update did it install (iron be numbered something like KBxxxxx).

You might be able to go into your control panel and then uninstall the offending update.

You may have to go to your security and backup and load the most recent restore point.
It uploaded about 10 of these updates at once. I did the restore thing but it did something to CHROME and when I uninstalled GOOGLE and reinstalled it, it, I was unable to sync to my account. Now I CANNOT click on any link in the GOOGLE home screen and it won't complete my login. So I went to internet Explorer because BING is acting up now too (not that it was every any good).

I saw online in a Cnet article that windows put out this security update that's screwing up older computers without Windows 10. A lot of people think it's intentional. The new software NEVER LOADS. It just grinds away for like 2 hours and then says unable to install, check system compatability. I cannot load the new replacement for Internet Explorer either. The Windows browser tries to upload it and then says there's "incompatible software" please see tech support and sends me to MICROSOFT'S page where it prompts me to buy Windows 10.

IT'S BECOMING VERY ANNOYING!
Old 05-13-2021, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
It uploaded about 10 of these updates at once. I did the restore thing but it did something to CHROME and when I uninstalled GOOGLE and reinstalled it, it, I was unable to sync to my account. Now I CANNOT click on any link in the GOOGLE home screen and it won't complete my login. So I went to internet Explorer because BING is acting up now too (not that it was every any good).

I saw online in a Cnet article that windows put out this security update that's screwing up older computers without Windows 10. A lot of people think it's intentional. The new software NEVER LOADS. It just grinds away for like 2 hours and then says unable to install, check system compatability. I cannot load the new replacement for Internet Explorer either. The Windows browser tries to upload it and then says there's "incompatible software" please see tech support and sends me to MICROSOFT'S page where it prompts me to buy Windows 10.

IT'S BECOMING VERY ANNOYING!
If you know which updates it installed, list them here. Otherwise it's pretty much impossible to narrow it down.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:05 AM

Wjich program is running the cpu at 25%?
Old 05-14-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike6 View Post
Wjich program is running the cpu at 25%?
One of the updates that wouldn't load because I'm using Windows 7. I uninstalled it.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
One of the updates that wouldn't load because I'm using Windows 7. I uninstalled it.
I'd recommend changing win Windows update to notify you but not install. There should be no new updates to win7.