RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2010, 12:14 PM

Default Ruylebooks and Modules?

So where can I find these things any more? The ones I found on Amazon are crazy priced...
Old 10-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Kato,

Timeline still has some stock, I see:

http://69.94.107.182/catalog/index.p...b793e0923910df

Depending on your philosophical and legal outlook, you can also look for torrents containing most of the TMP material on .pdf. (I'm Canadian so I have no particular legal or moral issues, plus I own most of the material so it's just "backed up".)

Tony
Old 10-10-2010, 04:59 PM

thanks helbent4 .
"There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
--General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:51 AM

Yikes! $15 per book? Not sure thats worth it for me since I am only wanting to understand the background and such of the setting better. :/

Are these things still under copyright?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
Yikes! $15 per book? Not sure thats worth it for me since I am only wanting to understand the background and such of the setting better. :/

Are these things still under copyright?
Yes, they are... Timeline is working at making a fourth edition that not only updates the game system, but the background (and a gear list that lets you know what kind of gear you can have no matter what time your GM decides that TEOTWAWKI happens).

Shameless plug: some of my artwork and ideas will be appearing in the new edition...
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
Shameless plug: some of my artwork and ideas will be appearing in the new edition...
Congrats Nate. I would have bought it anyway, but this seals the deal.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
Congrats Nate. I would have bought it anyway, but this seals the deal.
thank you!
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
Congrats, Nate. Your artwork has always been wonderfull.

Any clue on a timeframe yet?

Mike
With money BURNING a hole in pocket.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:58 AM

Nope. i have no idea. all i know is that i was paid for some of my artwork to go in the book. and that they've seen my ideas and work, and like them. and when they do a project operations manual they want to get me to work on it. my obessive need for background materials seems to be paying off... they liked the work i did on organizing the project. showing that with over twenty plus years to build the infrastructure, and recruit people for the project that they'd be able to set up a network that when activated would be able to actually tackle the monumental task of rebuilding after a nuke exchange or any other TEOTWAWKI type event.

National level: Prime Base... the Project as a whole.
-Regional Level: Regional Operations Group
--Area Level: District Operations Group
---District Level: Combined Operations Group
Old 11-02-2010, 03:51 PM

plz post links when it's ready.............
"There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
--General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Nate,

I know some other people involved in creating the 4th edition. They said they haven't heard of anything for months, if not close to a year about the release of the new edition.

For better or worse, it's going to be an update and revamp from almost the top down with modern equipment, a revised timeline, etc. Probably not unlike how T2K morphed into T2013: for the best of reasons some of the names and part of the core concept remain but after a point anything distinctive in terms of weapons and gear and the Cold War rationale will be gone.

I realise that many PDs pretty much freehand their games based loosly on the original material, but little of the original game's distinguishing details will remain. Something along the lines of GURPS, where many sourcebooks included detailed alternatives for possible use would be appreciated.

Tony