RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 08-12-2009, 03:45 PM

Default Our-Very-Complicated-MP-Campaign

Hey folks. Just registered. Like the forum!

A friend from way back started a MP game almost 2 yrs ago...we hadn't played for some 20+ Years! Anyway, his games have always been great & I was looking forward to gaming again after such a long hiatus.

The last time we played, he wrote up a game that was a combination of MP & Aftermath. It was a lot of fun!
As usual, his game has turned out to be Fantastic!
There are 6 of us that have put together a MARS Team. Brad, our Project Director & Grand Poobah Brad started us out as a newly-formed MARS Team in a Pre-War setting, where we did 3 missions. This allowed us to get some experience, get used to each other as players, & create our own MARS Team 'vibe'.

This time around, I decided to shake things up a bit & so I decided to make a female character. Her name is Sgt. Lyudmila “Mila” Mikahilovna Pavlichenko.
For those of you who aren't familiar with WWII history, I based my character on the real-life Lyudmila “Mila” Mikahilovna Pavlichenko.

She was the famed WWII Russian Red Army sniper who had 309 confirmed kills on the Eastern Front, including 36 Wehrmacht “ScharfSchuetzen” ["Sharpshooters"] Snipers. "Mila" took the kill log off of one of the German snipers she killed: He had taken the lives of over 500 Soviet soldiers. She was one deadly sniper, & did all this with a very basic Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle...& I believe she racked up that staggering # of kills using only a 4x scope!

Anyway...I made my character her Granddaughter...She's a very interesting character, I must say!
I'll give you a brief description & also a link to my friend's Morrow Project web page so you can read all about our Pre-&-Post-Holocaust exploits!

At the very end of our last Pre-War mission, we were *almost* successful, but unfortunately, almost don't count....our helicopter was inbound to extract us, then we heard the sound of the cruise missiles coming in, saw a bright flash, then darkness...

...then we woke up in cryo-tubes. We realized we'd been 'popcicled', & also realized that we'd been major-league damaged in the explosion.
We all had been surgically repaired, & all had new 'parts'; cybernetic implants that is!
Being the Sniper, Brad decided that I had 1/2 my face & head blown off, so I ended up with a 'Terminator'-esque face, complete with the glowing red cybernetic eye. It's got cool powers: telescopic, Infra-Red, laser range finder & target reticule. Of course, all our bionics run on some kind of battery, & of course, we don't have a recharger.

I hope you can take a look at the web page, read our Team History, forum posts & our bios. I did the artwork! It's a great read & we're having a lot of fun to boot! Unfortunately, we can only get together about once a month to play [bummer]. Here's the web page info:

http://www.vosoffice.com/morrow/

The posts run from newest to oldest..the most current one is "The Shaft".

Thanks for the Forum! Looking forward to post new stuff & read all the posts!
Later!
"Mila" the Compassionate Sniper
Old 08-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Sounds like a neat game. Glad you joined us and look forward to comments.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:21 PM

Thanks Kato13 the friendly moderator!

I forgot to add this to my post:

Our GM/Project Director/Grand Poobah Brad [We call him Bradmin] did this Morrow Project game a wee bit differently.

It's a MP game, with a twist or two. We're playing it using the SpyCraft game system & d20 Modern stuff, too.

We're 16th SOS MARS Team Alpha-1138 . I also decided to add a little bit to the standard MARS patch...this Latin phrase:

PAULS MUCRO SUBPONO EX CINIS CINERIS
[Mars' Sword Forged From The Ashes] Thought it added a little more color & is pretty appropriate, don't you think?

Now...I know that giving our MARS Team Hi-Tech cybernetic implants & using an entirely different game system might not sit well with some game purists, but it works out well!
Sure, we have cool bionic-stuff, but we have no idea how to recharge them or what all their functions are yet. Brad also started us out with a pretty significant disadvantage.
It seems that while we were still frozen popcicles, the Science Team [ST-Omega-117] we were supposed to assist in the Post-Apocalypse World broke in to our bolt-hole & stole all our Hvy weapons & other specialized gear! They left us a note, which makes it all ok I guess. NOT!!!!

The 'why's & wherefor's' are all laid out on Brad's web page.

Another bit then I'm off...I don't know if any of you are familiar with his work, but you ALL should check this guys' Morrow Project Page! His name is Nathan Decker & here's his web page info:

http://www.millionmonkeytheater.com/...owProject.html

His work is Fan-Frakin'-Tastic [dunno if I should be dropping the F-Bomb in my second post]

So check out our Team's web page & Nathan's web page, too! Both are GREAT READS!
Death To The Krell & The Genetic Purists!!!!!

"Mila" The Sensitive Sniper
Old 08-16-2009, 06:31 AM

I read through the Blog entries - it sounds rather fun - but there seem to be some rather large gaps in the story (which I presume were covered in FtF sessions). It might be nice to fill in the gaps in the storyline a bit for the rest of us.

But it sounds pretty cool.

Malc
Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 AM

Default Storyline holes....

Hey Littlearmies~
Thanks for reading our game-page & info! Glad you enjoyed it. I realize that the linear timeline is a bit sketchy in some parts. You're right about those holes being where we we were having face-to-face game-play.

I've been trying to compile our Team notes together to create a full~flowing no-holes story-line for all to read. Our Team's Pre-War history [found by clicking Team History link] is all there, except for our Team's last mission. I typed it up & sent it to our Project Director/game master for him to post but he hasn't got to it yet. I'm hopeful he'll get it up soon!

As for the million forum posts we've put up about each game session, they're pretty linear, albeit somewhat confusing to the outside reader.
I've also been going thru all of them & have been trying to "stitch" them all together to create a more concise & understandable storyline.

I'm well on my way to having it done & plan to put it up under a new Forum Title very soon.
The Forum Title will be called Post-Mission Recap[s].

Thanks again! Hope you continue to check it out from time to time!
Steve
A.K.A. "Mila" the Sensitive Sniper