RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Bear's Den and the Sino-Soviet War

shrike6 01-22-2004, 08:24 PM I know you're not big on characters Webstral, but is there any chance we'll hear about Chelkov's exploits during the Sino Soviet phase.

General Anton V. Chelkov

The Red Bear was born in Lenningrad during the late 1950s. He attended the finest Soviet military academies snd entered the Soviet ground forces at the age of 18. And during the battle against China, he was nicknamed the "Red Bear" by the Soviet military magazine, Red Star.

The Red Bear is one of the most aggressive leaders of the Third World War. His divisions swept across the Chinese multitudes during the first years of the war. Anton Chelkov rose from his rank as colonel to what was called SovCom1FEF (Soviet Commander of the 1st Far Eastern Front), at a rank of lieutenant general. When the Chinese government collapsed, he was given orders to take command of the 1st Western Front. As the 128th MRD entered Tarnow Poland, it was tactically nuked. Moscow ordered one of its best divisions to form the 13th Army upon its return. Control of the Ukraine, Romania and Yugoslavia was needed; Chelkov was given a promotion to general and ordered to take command of the Southwestern Theater of War (SovComSWTVD).

When the Red Bear refused to take orders from the Soviet high command in 9/2000, the Southwestern Theater of War collapsed. The Lt. general commanding the Danube Front sent a personal message to Chelkov, "I'll see you in hell, capitalist traitor!" The major general commanding the 19th Soviet Army stated, "I hope you are as good on the battlefield as they say. You'll need it, dog."

Chelkov is alive with the spirit of battle and the building of an empire.

His is not a "desire to rule" but one "to defeat all enemies on a field of combat." His spirit is spawned from all that is a soldier.

Matt Wiser 01-23-2004, 12:44 AM Add a couple of others to that list: Col. Gen. Pytor Suryakin: the RDF Sourcebook has him as Chief of Staff of a Tank Army in '95, and Major Gen. Alexi Vostrokov (King's Ransom): Deputy chief of Staff and later CO of 19th MRD of 45th Army.

Webstral 01-26-2004, 01:13 AM I'll have to pick up "Bear's Den".

Webstral