RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 05-26-2010, 02:58 PM

Default Operation Pegasus II

My take on the orbat.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Operation Pegasus II.pdf (32.2 KB, 236 views)
Old 05-26-2010, 08:49 PM

For what's described in the game history, it looks pretty good to me.

I'm not sure about most of the 75th being attached and subordinate to the 82nd, though that's because I'm also not sure about the whole regiment being parked in the Middle East in a general war scenario. They might not be real useful for the central European meat grinder, but there are lots of places where they'd be handy, not to mention the utility of keeping them back CONUS as part of the strategic reserve in a worldwide, air deployable fire brigade role for off the wall missions that might crop up while the world goes off the deep end.

But, if the deployment of all three battalions to CENTCOM's AOR is done, and they're deployed for the duration of Peg II and not just for opening air field seizures and such, then I suppose they'd be attached to the 82nd.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:09 PM

Location: Somewhere in the Eastern U.P. on the edge of Civilization.

Alway thought it was odd the entire Regiment was sent to the Middle East... Then again that is where they GDW decided they would go...

Looking at it he only has 2 of the three Ranger Battalions assigned. Still probably overkill, but depending on if they were taking a couple airfields or not.

Last edited by Abbott Shaull; 05-26-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:23 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott Shaull View Post
Alway thought it was odd the entire Regiment was sent to the Middle East... Then again that is where they GDW decided they would go...
One could imagine that the entire regiment would be sent there because oil is king. In campaigns I have GMed,, though, I "solved" this problem by expanding the 75th to six battalions, with the 4th and 6th Battalions being sent to Europe and the 5th to Korea (and to an extent, other places in the Far East).

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 05-26-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
One could imagine that the entire regiment would be sent there because oil is king. In campaigns I have GMed,, though, I "solved" this problem by expanding the 75th to six battalions, with the 4th and 6th Battalions being sent to Europe and the 5th to Korea (and to an extent, other places in the Far East).
Funny enough, adding battalions to the rangers and sending them to other regions has been my solution to that problem as well.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott Shaull View Post

Looking at it he only has 2 of the three Ranger Battalions assigned. Still probably overkill, but depending on if they were taking a couple airfields or not.
2 Ranger battalions maybe overkill but it specifically says in the book that two ranger battalions along with pathfinder units were used for the initial entry. Anyways, I think one also has to remember the purpose of Op Pegasus II. Which was to reek havoc on the Soviet supply lines and put the Soviets on their heels after the disasterous congressionally mandated offensive.