RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default My latest project

Ed the Coastie 08-17-2004, 11:48 PM I guess I'm a real glutton for punishment...

I acquired a PDF of the Aftermath adventure "Operation Morpheus" a few months ago, and after a fair amount of work managed to print it out and re-scan it into an editable-text format. (I wish I could figure out how to convert such images directly into editable text, but that is for another time.)

So now I am in the process of cleaning up the text (image to print to scan w/ OCR really jumbles up the text). Then I am going to convert the adventure for use with not just one, not even two, but THREE different systems!

Yup...I'm going to modify the adventure (and, eventually, the sequal "Sydney -- The Wilderness Campaign") first so that it is compatable rules-wise (if not exactly setting-wise) with T2K. (The second and third versions will be GURPS 4th Edition and d20 Modern, but that is another story.) In doing so, I'm going to be drawing information from Dark Conspiracy, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, and probably even Traveller: The New Era. Not to mention haunting various T2K fan-sites for useful information. (Hi, TR!)

I am actually devoting some real time to the project...at least a couple of hours a night. In the mean time, I will (finally) be updating my website as I work out and upload various adaptations (robots, advanced weapons and body armor, medicines, and even some vehicles) from Aftermath into...whatever the heck it is that we call the rule-system that T2K and the other games use.

Wish me luck!

ReHerakhte 08-18-2004, 03:49 AM He Ed,

I know the Sydney module doesn't have to be strictly set in that city but if you are after any Aussie input, I lived in Sydney for a number of years on two seperate occasions.

If so, drop me a line or reply here etc.

Kev's email (clone65@bigpond.com)

Cheers,

Kevin

ChalkLine 08-18-2004, 08:25 PM He Ed,

I know the Sydney module doesn't have to be strictly set in that city but if you are after any Aussie input, I lived in Sydney for a number of years on two seperate occasions.

I'm an ex-Sydneyite too (35 years), and I'm a surveyor in RL so I have a fair amount of map data, or at least acess to it. I'd be happy to help out and add to Kev's knowledge

Jim's email (jimpeta@iprimus.com.au)

Jason Weiser 08-18-2004, 09:46 PM Ed, you are one dedicated Twilight GM! KUDOS!!!

ReHerakhte 09-03-2004, 04:36 AM Hey everyone, particularly Ed,

I just got home from work about an hour ago and waiting for me was the Sydney module for Aftermath which I had won on eBay.

I have to say that it is pretty comprehensive (I've only had experience with the Littleton module before). I'm familiar with some of the buildings & areas mentioned and aside from local knowledge of places not mentioned, there's probably not a lot of need for extra input for this module aside from what you'd get by using a street directory.

Jim, for your own reference, the module was written by a native Sydneysider and having been published around 1983/84 it has a few nostalgia moments for us Aussies... like mention of TAA!

Now I'm desperately trying to find the other Aftermath modules!

Cheers,

Kevin