RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #91  
Old 01-13-2016, 12:00 PM
mmartin798 mmartin798 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 565
Default

True, 4th edition does not expressly say whether or not he informed others about Krell. It does indicate that Bruce was very reluctant to interfere with the timeline. The stopping of the 1989 nuclear war was done reluctantly. After Bruce goes and spends two years in the future after that, he comes back even more resolved to not interfere with the timeline ever again and with the desire to know who Krell is. Given that, I would assume he kept all threat data to himself to avoid contaminating the timeline. How bringing back powerful lasers and portable fusion technology does not do that I will conveniently ignore or assume Bruce saw no significant change in the future as a result of bringing those back.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-13-2016, 02:25 PM
bobcat bobcat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 403
Default

well back to third edition(i don't have fourth edition yet) in prime base it says that the staff at prime base learned of krell before being wiped out. the fact that his forces were able to secure a nuclear weapon would have pointed to them being a significant threat even if the nuke at the refugee camp was detonated before it could be deployed against morrow in the time between that and the final fall of the base it would have been negligent of the Morrow HQ staff to not send a message warning of this threat before their last stand. add in what i'm being told from fourth edition and there is no feasible way for the the Morrow HQ to have still been in the dark about this threat and fail to send some kind of warning to the teams to be read once they wake up.
__________________
the best course of action when all is against you is to slow down and think critically about the situation. this way you are not blindly rushing into an ambush and your mind is doing something useful rather than getting you killed.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-13-2016, 02:52 PM
ArmySGT.'s Avatar
ArmySGT. ArmySGT. is offline
Internet Intellectual
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
well back to third edition(i don't have fourth edition yet)
Don't buy it until it is revised and properly edited.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-13-2016, 06:27 PM
bobcat bobcat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 403
Default

well i'm waiting on the modules to be brought up to speed on it as well as the Errata. i don't like having to guess and improvise to make a module work with a new system only to find out halfway through the campaign that they're releasing the module with accurate updates in a week and i did everything wrong.
__________________
the best course of action when all is against you is to slow down and think critically about the situation. this way you are not blindly rushing into an ambush and your mind is doing something useful rather than getting you killed.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-13-2016, 06:43 PM
kalos72's Avatar
kalos72 kalos72 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 921
Default

I was really going to pick this up too...cant wait to see the production stuff. Is there a plan to update the 4th book or just a hope?
__________________
"Oh yes, I WOOT!"
TheDarkProphet
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-13-2016, 06:45 PM
cosmicfish cosmicfish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 469
Default

I would be surprised if there was an update or revision any time soon. It's my feeling that sales have been underwhelming, and that they are likely attributing that to the genre or gaming in general than to any shortcomings of the actual product.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-14-2016, 10:32 AM
mmartin798 mmartin798 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 565
Default

Maybe this should be moved to the Prime Base thread, but rereading the 4th edition rulebook it says that both Prime Base Alpha and Prime Base Beta, for lack of a better way to differentiate Prime Base and the alternate, have an awake staff through the war. This means that at the very least, Prime Base Alpha should have been able to send a message to Prime Base Beta talking about the events in real time, including the nuclear blast. Even if they do not name Krell specifically, Prime Base Beta would know there is a group with the ability to use nukes. This also means that the Project should go on according to plan right at the wars end using Prime Base Beta to awake teams, but that is a discussion for another thread.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-14-2016, 06:31 PM
cosmicfish cosmicfish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin798 View Post
Maybe this should be moved to the Prime Base thread, but rereading the 4th edition rulebook it says that both Prime Base Alpha and Prime Base Beta, for lack of a better way to differentiate Prime Base and the alternate, have an awake staff through the war. This means that at the very least, Prime Base Alpha should have been able to send a message to Prime Base Beta talking about the events in real time, including the nuclear blast. Even if they do not name Krell specifically, Prime Base Beta would know there is a group with the ability to use nukes. This also means that the Project should go on according to plan right at the wars end using Prime Base Beta to awake teams, but that is a discussion for another thread.
Wait... what??? The backup had staff awake during the destruction of Prime Base?? And is still there, frozen?? That makes zero sense to me. What stopped them from waking the Project?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-14-2016, 07:16 PM
mmartin798 mmartin798 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 565
Default

Yup, here is the text, copied from my PDF of the 4th edition:

As a final failsafe, an alternate base was constructed, so that the teams could be revived even if some unforeseen catastrophe overwhelmed Prime Base. This base had the same libraries as Prime, and many of the same facilities, albeit on a rather smaller scale. However, it had only a relatively small frozen staff of specialists in addition to its small “awake team”.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-14-2016, 08:34 PM
cosmicfish cosmicfish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin798 View Post
Yup, here is the text, copied from my PDF of the 4th edition:

As a final failsafe, an alternate base was constructed, so that the teams could be revived even if some unforeseen catastrophe overwhelmed Prime Base. This base had the same libraries as Prime, and many of the same facilities, albeit on a rather smaller scale. However, it had only a relatively small frozen staff of specialists in addition to its small “awake team”.
And there is no explanation given for why this alternate base completely failed in its intended design as a failsafe???
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 01-15-2016, 05:54 PM
bobcat bobcat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 403
Default

this is why i tend to like the idea of software design screwup. it requires less handwavium to cause the Charlie Foxtrot.
__________________
the best course of action when all is against you is to slow down and think critically about the situation. this way you are not blindly rushing into an ambush and your mind is doing something useful rather than getting you killed.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.