RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 12-01-2008, 01:40 PM

Default Target Lists

I have found my Life After Doomsday target list, as well as a couple others, including the one that was place in another thread I can't relocate (call it age!)

I'm attaching them in rich text format if anyone is interested. One is from the Morrow Project, one is a list of all refineriey locations in the US, though I don't have the source unfortunately (it's an OLD photocopy I had stuffed in a folder I found this weekend).
Old 12-01-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graebarde
I'm attaching them in rich text format if anyone is interested.
I would if I knew HOW that is. Doesn't seem to be taking.
Grae
Old 12-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Hmmmmm did you get any error messages. You can email me the list if you want and I will attach them. My email is rpgstuff at this website (minus the "forum." part).

I have attached some examples of the targets I have databased from my mapping section at http://games.juhlin.com.

I also have refineries, military bases, ethanol plants, ammunition plants, nuclear reactors, etc.

The first is the V2.2 list
The second is an expanded Morrow list (from the Yahoo group).
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Oh if anyone wants a dump of the data I have in my mapping site let me know.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

We're also working on a revised target list. Or, Jason has come up with a good one, we're still going over it one target at a time. The problem is trying to reconcile the v1 timeline, which states that missile bases, etc weren't targeted, with the v1 target list published in Challenge magazine and reprinted in v2, which contains an awful lot of US strategic forces (but not in a logically inclusive manner - a lot of SAC bases but none of the Navy SSBN bases). On top of that, when you start throwing too many nukes around the game changes from Twilight:2000 to Gamma World. We'll have what we eventually decide on in the Survivor's Guide to the USA.

And I have a list of over 1400 potential Warsaw Pact targets (enough for well over 5000 warheads) that I doubt will ever see the light of day... too close to what the NSA trolls around looking for!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...
Old 12-01-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
Oh if anyone wants a dump of the data I have in my mapping site let me know.
oooooooooooh.. MAPS!!! Did you say maps? Yeah.

And Chico, I'll send them to you tomorrow. Thanks.

Grae
Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 PM

wow in the Version 2.2 map my lovely state (Maine)as well as the other 2 norther alliance states (New Hampshire,Vermont) Didn't take any hits So it look like I would had a chance to be a warlord right after graduating from high school.

Didn't fare so well in the Morrow project map though. Boo!

Brother in Arms
Old 12-01-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico20854
We're also working on a revised target list. Or, Jason has come up with a good one, we're still going over it one target at a time. !

Well, there is that and the fact I did double tap refineries right across the street from each other...but then again...that's the Soviets for you...don't tap it...THUMP IT FLAT!!
Old 12-21-2008, 05:08 AM
Administrator

Default Target Lists

Graebarde sent me a few target lists a few weeks ago. Due to it going to an infrequently visited email account, the files were delayed until today. Sorry for the confusion. In case anyone needs to email me please use address found in the "Contact Us" link in the footer of the forum.

The problem was the rtf extension was not supported. I have added that format.

Grae if you can explain the files that would be appreciated.

This file was too large to upload via the forum so I put it on my gaming site.

http://games.juhlin.com/files/Target...from_Forum.zip (939kb zipfile)

Ok here are the remaining files
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Morrow_Project_Target_List.rtf (44.1 KB, 174 views)
File Type: rtf Nuclear_Target_Areas_within_the_US.rtf (19.1 KB, 208 views)
File Type: rtf Targets_in_the_Counter-Energy_Attack.rtf (8.8 KB, 174 views)
Old 12-22-2008, 09:23 AM

I think I placed the disclaimer's etc on each of the lists, but here's the general gist of them.

The Morrow Project target list is from The Bunker site. It is a very good site for TMP for those interested. The targets list gives the probable target and also the type of missile that was used against it.

The second list is from Life After Doomsday by Bruce Clayton, an excellent book IMO on the subject, the title says it all. The target list was developed to find 'safe' retreat areas. If you can get the book, there is a wind-star in the appendix also that shows the prevailing winds and probabilites from which you can predict the fallout patterns. The targets are catagorized as Primary, Secondary and Teritary, meaning strategic weapons locations, other military-economic targets of importance, and civilian targets, or as he states "hostage" targets.

The third is a list of Energy targets. It's the towns and cities where refineries are located and would be effected by strikes on the refinery. It came from a photocopy, but it's been too long since I made it and can't recall the source other than I got it off the net. There are cities listed more than once as well.

Hope this helps.
Grae
Old 03-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Default My Morror Project and T2k target list

I always meant to put this file here, but I think I was working on it when this thread fell off the front page.

Attached is an excel file with my US MP targets and all the T2k canon (with some semi canon European strikes) The file is 130KB zipped.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MP_T2k_nuke_target_list.zip (129.5 KB, 278 views)
Old 05-21-2016, 04:12 PM

Has anyone here seen the map that's been put together of the US targets for 1956?