RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 01-17-2021, 11:21 PM

Default VTT thoughts

So I am trying to get some of my family to play V1.0 of the game and was thinking to keep things simple since most of us are connected to make the dive and get the super license of Fantasy Grounds. That way we could all log in, use something else like Discord or something to chat with each other and have the maps and such show up on Fantasy Grounds.

The next thought was then trying to find maps, tokens, icons, etc. I realized there is just about nothing in the "modern" or "post-apocalyptic" genre that doesn't go full zombies, mutants/Gamma World/Fallout, cyberpunk style.

I wonder if anyone else has gone to the VTT genre, besides Roll20, for their gaming and if they had found maps, tokens, icons that are could be used in a T2k game or campaign.

Here are a few that I found:
DTRPG has a group called Forgotten Adventures and this is their camping setup. Yea most of this is fantasy but I am sure some of it could blend over to a 2000 era camp site

Forgotten Adventures basic creatures set

Forgotten Adventures dead bodies and dead animals - again most of these are fantasy or medieval era, but horse for the cavalry units or if you want some of the Polish campaigns think of a revival of medieval armor and cavalry

From some group called Lion Banner Games - an Apocalypse highway. This one seems desert themed, but there are enough wrecked and vehicles on the preview it could work well for your Iran campaigns.

A guy named Devin Night and his modern era tokens

This isn't an extensive list of everything that I have found, but thought they could provide a useful set of bread crumbs for others looking to do the VTT thing and what I have found at least on DTRPG, is that most of these designers do both printable (ie hard copy you can print for the table) and VTT stuff so it is fairly easy to use either way.

I am wondering if anyone else has some experiences doing T2K or a MERC2k campaign on VTT and if there is anything to watch out for?

Additionally, would it be useful to maybe have a sticky here of VTT stuff that we all have collectively found for others to use?

Last edited by Southernap; 01-17-2021 at 11:24 PM. Reason: fix the links.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:21 AM

Lurken's been running a weekly T2k game for about 3-4 months or so now solely on Discord without any problem at all.
Maps, graphics, etc all easy to deal with simply by sharing his screen (players can do it too, but we haven't found a need for it yet).
Docs can be hosted on discord, however we've also got a google docs page.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 01-19-2021, 10:18 PM

Yea, I was thinking of that myself. Just using Skype with my family. Using PPT or some other graphics program to draw out maps and use basic ASCII letters to represent players, NPCs, vehicles, etc. Sharing screens and all that. I was just trying to figure out if anyone here has used VTT products and if they found anything good. Most of the places that I look its all fantasy, cyberpunk, or space opera stuff with regards to character tokens, vehicles, or decor for the maps to attract players.