RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Question AGIlity related question

I just had a discussion with "the devil" and "FMDeCorba" and the question from me was basically:

How many handguns can a character wear (with straps etc) before it reduces Agility score?

Characters are not encumbered.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

As a GM i would say 4. Two underarms on ribs and two upper thighs. Any more and the straps or the weight of the weapon will start to measurably restrict or impede movement IMHO.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
As a GM i would say 4. Two underarms on ribs and two upper thighs. Any more and the straps or the weight of the weapon will start to measurably restrict or impede movement IMHO.
The character might be able to add a couple of small pistols (eg, Walther PPK) in ankle holsters.

http://copeab.tripod.com
Old 02-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab
The character might be able to add a couple of small pistols (eg, Walther PPK) in ankle holsters.
Yeah I thought about that, but I know the General's penchant for double barreled sawed off (4 gauge?) shotguns, so I assumed he would never even consider such peashooters
Old 02-06-2009, 04:10 PM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
Yeah I thought about that, but I know the General's penchant for double barreled sawed off (4 gauge?) shotguns, so I assumed he would never even consider such peashooters
thanx for the confidence Kato...this gave me a laugh. I was actually asking as a GM and not player. But for the sake of argument; lets say we are talking about seperate "BULK"-values.

For example would a character with high AGIlity be able to carry more "BLK=1"-weapons that a character with low AGIlity?

Would a possible solution be AGIlity divided by 2 be the amount of bulk a pc can carry? Then what about BLK=0 wapons like small derringers?

Feedback would be apreciated.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator

I would think that a characters physical size, and to a lesser extent strength, would more related to how many weapons they can carry than their agility. A small character with an unheard of agility (like an Olympic female gymnast) would have their agility restricted more than a professional NFL football player would with the same amount of weapons.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:50 AM

Default penalty

last FtF a player had something like 1 AK,1 Bizon SMG,2 pc. of 10 gage sawed off shotguns,1 .666 custom made Desert Eagle,and one antimaterial rifle in addition to body armour and ammo.(No names mentioned of course ).

Considering this over the top in all ways, I let the player skip a round now and then as his character got tangled in various straps and gun butts engulfing him .

For the munchkin who does not seem to grasp the nuances here I believe ingame penalties such as these can have educational effect .

Anyways - good session though .
Old 02-17-2009, 03:18 AM

I once had a player try to convince me that he could conceal a gimpy by tucking it down his trouser leg! I also played in a Cthulhu game where a player wanted to mount a .30 Browning M1919 mg on the roof of a model t ford for cultist hunting.....
Old 02-17-2009, 04:15 AM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
I once had a player try to convince me that he could conceal a gimpy by tucking it down his trouser leg! I also played in a Cthulhu game where a player wanted to mount a .30 Browning M1919 mg on the roof of a model t ford for cultist hunting.....

The gimpy, was it down his leg while he was laying down in a bed with a blanket over him? Or was it just a simple trenchcoat?

As for the model T and a 1919, that sounds utterly plausible!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester
Yeah, I've played a bit of 1920s-1930s CoC and I wish I'd thought of that! Sounds cool.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester
The gimpy, was it down his leg while he was laying down in a bed with a blanket over him? Or was it just a simple trenchcoat?

Sadly nothing that sensible. It was to be tucked down a trouser leg while he walked through a check point. Even Rolf Harris wouldn't have got away with that as Jake The Peg!

I just mentioned Rolf Harris on a T2K board - not something you do every day?

One of the many issues I had with the MG armed Model T was that he wanted to mount it on the sun roof. I don't think he was very familiar with cars of the 1920's!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:04 AM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
Sadly nothing that sensible. It was to be tucked down a trouser leg while he walked through a check point. Even Rolf Harris wouldn't have got away with that as Jake The Peg!

I just mentioned Rolf Harris on a T2K board - not something you do every day?

One of the many issues I had with the MG armed Model T was that he wanted to mount it on the sun roof. I don't think he was very familiar with cars of the 1920's!

Gimpy;

So the character was what? 7 foot four? And had arms and legs as thick as logs? <again if it were a duster or trenchcoat it could be done for short time with little scrutiny, although personaly I'd got with an M60E3 shorter and slimmer or a SAW idealy! I could pull it off with a SAW with a standard barrel, no drum of course!

As for the sunroof! I am sure they had them. Of course it would have been a custom job done by the local mechanic, or heck a modern mechanic would do it. If he were a mechanic with a SOUL he would cry as he defiled the anvcient vehidle though. Personaly, I'd mount a brace with the pintel mount since no one knows how old, well kept or the condition of the nearly 100 year old steel fared.

Tags
rules