RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 06-19-2022, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Default The US Coast Guard in T2k

Does the USCG feature in any official T2k modules or sourcebooks? Appear in Challenge magazine? Have any of you ever incorporated the USCG into your campaigns in any way, or played a USCG PC?

-
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 06-19-2022, 03:09 PM

It has a starring role in a Challenge article. I can't remember the issue number but it's an adventure called (I think) Rifle River which serves as an expansion of sorts to the Last Submarine. IIRC (I'm doing this from memory, I haven't seen the article for years) it features a Coast Guard enclave at their Academy somewhere in New England and gives detail on their Commandant (Admiral Holfgirder, Holberger, Hilsburger, something like that) and lists their current assets - a couple of ships and at least one helicopter.

As I recall they're designed to be potential allies for the PC's against a particularly unpleasant marauder gang. From what I remember the advebture was actually quite good. Someone that has access to the specific issue might be able to go into more detail on the Coast Guard angle.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:29 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Issue 39, R6. Commandant Nils Holsgirder. Good memory.

The naval rules in issue 53 also include a rather cursory provision for building USCG characters under 2.0 rules.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 06-19-2022, 11:10 PM

If it isn't too heretical to speak of, the latest issue of the fanzine has USCG Port Security and LEDT (Law Enforcement Detachment) Personnel and rules for their character generation, as well as an overview of USCG Port Security Units in the war.

Old USMC Adage
Old 06-22-2022, 04:03 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

You've been able to see a lot of what I have in concept for the USCG in the "On this date" thread. I have a fairly major development coming up on July 1, so stay tuned!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...