RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 07-17-2014, 07:38 PM

Default 4th Edition Weapons Addition

Create a new weapons addition for the 4th edition.

HK417A2 13" Carbine : http://www.thesupplybunker.net/pdf/4...a2-13_v1.0.pdf

I've added a couple of new things to the layout and used some of "William Miller" "MORROW PROJECT 4thEd REVISED FIREARMS COMBAT TABLES" posted to the Yahoo list about a year ago.

I like the range table as it shows exactly how much damage will be done at various ranges, it also shows how long for the bullets flight to that distance as well.

Let me know if you like this work.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:48 PM

I like it but if you want interchangeable parts, why not just some variation of the AR-15 rifle or M-4 carbine?
Old 07-18-2014, 02:13 PM
Internet Intellectual

No Bueno,

Can't see it.

Even disabling AdBlock on the Supply Bunker opens to a blank page. Does it dislike Firefox?
Old 07-18-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
No Bueno,

Can't see it.

Even disabling AdBlock on the Supply Bunker opens to a blank page. Does it dislike Firefox?
Just checked with Firefox 30 and it seems to work fine for me. Opens up a tab and then displays the PDF for me.

You might be able to just save the link first to your computer and then open it locally.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:39 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Craig R
Smile PDF-Viewer

Quote:
No Bueno,

Can't see it.

Any chance you don't have a PDF Viewer add-on for your browser?
Old 07-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Internet Intellectual

I do. Just can't open it by clicking. I have to open it the alternate way Nuke11 describes.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Internet Intellectual

I suppose the case could be made for the Steyr AUG. With barrel change it is a Rifle, Carbine, or Light Support Weapon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_AUG

This puts something distinctive in the hands of MP personnel that is neither US forces or Soviet forces.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
I suppose the case could be made for the Steyr AUG. With barrel change it is a Rifle, Carbine, or Light Support Weapon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_AUG

This puts something distinctive in the hands of MP personnel that is neither US forces or Soviet forces.
I think that if Timeline ever expands the Atlantis Project, the AUG might work. But a group for the U.S. would have some or most of it's issue U.S. gear.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:56 AM

The project would use US Gear for a few reasons, parts interchangeability with scavenged gear, common ammo, and people might shoot at people with foreign made weapons after getting nuked.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:03 AM

The 4TH edition expands some things and adds some that makes you go "???".
Old 09-09-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45cultist View Post
The 4TH edition expands some things and adds some that makes you go "???".
The shotgun revolver doodad is kinda wacky.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_Sardonicus View Post
How did you know that was the one? I'm thinking of a few items, granted Gary Gore has a lot. If they wanted a weapon with different ammo the FN 5-7,P90 would be viable. looks like I'll be using the formula. Diameter in inches X muzzle velocity/50= E-Factor 5.7 is .224 I think.... I have the4TH Ed Ammo Encyclopedia and a borrowed Janes(the ungodly expensive version I keep away from my critters!)
Old 09-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_Sardonicus View Post
They suck.

Because of BATF rules the revolvers must have rifling. Rifling is bad for shot patterns. So minimal (they call it micro-rifling) is cut into the barrels. In this way the manufacture has not made a Class 3 AOW (any other weapon) in this case a sawed off shot gun.

That micro-rifling that screws up the shot pattern (make a donut) isn't enough to really act well on the .45 Long Colt (.45LC) the old black powder cowboy cartridge of Colt Peacemaker fame. So that .45LC bullet has a tendency to yaw in flight. It veers off the point of aim and "Keyholes" the target aka hits broadside.

The only shell that works well, and really only works best at conversational distance, is the OOO (Triple Ought) shot shell. That is essential three lead balls. The rifling semi engages on the shot cup and the three balls separate randomly on exiting the barrel.

I despise the .410/.45LC. It is to me false advertising. These are not truly shotgun and perform poorly with shot; and perform poorly as a .45LC revolver too.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:33 PM

I looked online for The Armory, but they were all sold. I have some notes from one though!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
I looked online for The Armory, but they were all sold. I have some notes from one though!
If I am not mistaken. The Armory is a product from Kevin Dockery. You may have to go through him for a copy or download a bootleg scan.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
If I am not mistaken. The Armory is a product from Kevin Dockery. You may have to go through him for a copy or download a bootleg scan.
Once in a blue moon they are found used. I' prefer to be honest, but a scan may be it until I see one up for sale. I'd like Timeline to redo and update a book. They can also add facts like M14 mags and M21 mags are the same, "R" means "Rimmed" and "RF" is "Rimfire". Games are like movies when you know a lot about a subject.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:53 PM

Certainly in my campaigns the attitude has always been, simple equipment, that's reliable and accurate is the order of the day.

Most special forces still use 9mm pistols, as the expectation is anyone who might actually need to use such a thing. Is likely to be trained to make sure atleast one round is going between the eyes.

Training over fancy pants equipment everytime [although I can see why they have the .44 in case of bears or wolves or such like]

So the addition of an odd ball shotgun pistol seems strange even if it actually worked [outside of 3 Kings which was a great film]

On a darker front I could picture MARS getting a couple of crates of HK MP7s or FN 90s. As their advanced armour piercing capabilities would be just the thing for other teams that had gone rogue.

nb if the Project's got money for funky equipment, why not the G11.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:00 PM

Also the Project has a lot of personnel who fit the PDW requirement. I would have added the G19 to the Glock entry.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Also the Project has a lot of personnel who fit the PDW requirement. I would have added the G19 to the Glock entry.
I just have people carry the Uzi. A Doctor ? HP-35 / Uzi. Medic M16A2, Driver HP-35/Uzi, Poli Sci specialty HP-35/Uzi.

The weapons load outs should be tailored to a persons role, in my not so humble opinion.

A G-19 is just a slightly smaller dimensionally G-17. Lower the magazine capacity and weight, all else is the same. dunzo.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:06 PM

Had to update this, here it is again!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf weapon specs.pdf (123.6 KB, 147 views)
Old 09-30-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
Create a new weapons addition for the 4th edition.

I've added a couple of new things to the layout and used some of "William Miller" "MORROW PROJECT 4thEd REVISED FIREARMS COMBAT TABLES" posted to the Yahoo list about a year ago.

I like the range table as it shows exactly how much damage will be done at various ranges, it also shows how long for the bullets flight to that distance as well.

Let me know if you like this work.
Do you happen to have a copy of these tables? I've been looking through several of the Yahoo groups, to no avail.

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfloyd View Post
Do you happen to have a copy of these tables? I've been looking through several of the Yahoo groups, to no avail.

Thanks.
It's in the files section of the Morrow Project Group. The same guy did a stat-up of the M14EBR.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Internet Intellectual

What are they using for range data? The bullet velocity at known distances?
Old 10-02-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
It's in the files section of the Morrow Project Group. The same guy did a stat-up of the M14EBR.
I requested to join three groups on there, got into two. Waiting on approval of the third one.