RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 10-26-2022, 07:25 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Default And One More (random vehicle generator)

Another tool that no one asked for but I wrote anyway:

The all-new random vehicle generator for starting PC teams.

Includes most vehicles in the v2 American, Soviet, and NATO Combat Vehicle Handbooks that would have a reasonable chance of appearing in Poland and being PC-usable. For extra fun, I also added a few vehicles whose v2 stats appeared in Challenge, as well as appropriate items that I statted up in my LAV-25 file, Pacific Northwest, and Tara Romanaesca.

Now your randomly-generated PCs can ride around the apocalypse in randomly-generated style.

Have fun, drive defensively, and report any bugs here.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 10-27-2022, 03:42 PM

Not a bug, but I found it amusing when I generated a motor pool with a pair of 5-ton trucks, one with the fire-resistant quirk and the other with the constant minor fires quirk. I know which one I'd rather be in...

The Vespers War - Ninety years before the Twilight War, there was the Vespers War.
Old 10-27-2022, 04:19 PM

Very cool work as always, Teg!
Old 11-22-2022, 12:41 PM

Default Vehicle Generator

I agree-very nice. Lots of variety, good quirky details as well and a nice addition to the toolbox.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:47 AM

Ahoy, comrades! The vehicle generator now includes selected watercraft from the v2.0/2.2 core book, the Nautical/Aviation Handbook, The Pacific Northwest, Tara Romanaesca, and the sailing article in Challenge #60.

(This update also fixes a bug which was preventing some lower-probability vehicles from ever being rolled, and pushes out a bunch of incremental additions to the vehicle name tables.)

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 12-27-2022, 03:45 PM

Minor update pushed to the site today: if you turn on random cargo, vehicles with usable cargo capacity now have a chance of carrying goods that look more like actual cargo than a post-apocalyptic yard sale.

- C.

- Josh Olson