RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 02-25-2021, 04:41 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico20854 View Post
There isn't much out there. The most info I could find that isn't sensationalist generalizations is in Russian here and here. You'll have to machine translate it if you, like me, don't read Russian but the summary is that the older models weighed about 25kg and had a .2-1 kt yield; the newer RA-115 weighed 30kg and had a yield of .5-2 kt and was made in a submersible version for Naval spetsnaz as well as a land variant.
Good intel, Chico. Thank you.

I didn't see the original question because I am following advice provided in the forum guidelines. If other parties are interested, my intent was that the number, placement, and yield of the ADMs are best left to the individual referee. This allows the ref to fine-tune the destruction of Bremerton according to their desires. Some may want it completely unsalvageable; others may want a T2kU in which a few of the ships sidebarred on page 20 can be returned to service.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 05-01-2021, 01:08 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

I'd like to thank forum member James Langham for his YouTube review of The Pacific Northwest. As I don't make a habit of monitoring YouTube comment threads, I'll use this thread to respond to some of the points he raised.

I've already addressed the lack of maps upthread, so I'll apologize again and move on.

I appreciate the appreciation for Vasily Ignatiev. He and Maxim Melnik were by far my favorite NPCs to write, and I think Vasily is easily translatable into any other theatre of the war in which Soviet Category C formations fought.

I expected someone to pick up on the lack of NPC portraits, and I do apologize for that too. I chose to omit them because of the difficulty in finding a royalty-free collection of appropriate images. I tinkered with individual portraits from different but found that, without a consistent scale and style, the effect was too disjointed (a problem from which I think the vehicle pages suffer as well).

With regards to the question raised by one of the YouTube commenters: I believe the only vehicle in Pacific Northwest that was previously published was the ATV, which appeared in Challenge #47 with v2.0 stats. Its inclusion was a request from a friend who passed away during the book's production. To the best of my knowledge, everything else appears with game stats for the first time in quasi-official publication.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 05-01-2021, 08:45 PM
Banned

The C-23 Sherpa was part of the RDF forces but it wasnt detailed in that Sourcebook. It was detailed in Challenge Magazine 26 in the Air Module which was by Frank Frey but it was for V1 stats - the article was to detail the aircraft that would be part of US and other forces in the RDF module for those who wanted to try being pilots.

Other than that they are all new and love seeing the new equipment

Last edited by Olefin; 05-01-2021 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:53 AM
Banned

For those playing the Pacific Northwest there is a great link to what the Oregon National Guard was in 1988 complete with Force Structure and units that could be used with PN for sure that was originally posted by Louied

https://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=6175