RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2011, 07:08 AM

Default just joined this forum

i used to play T2k and M2k back in the mid 90s. then life caught up. Now life seems more manageable but no t2k players around me. maybe when i move back east i will find some. right now i am just working on my t2k database. i am really interested in unarmed combat house rules folks may have developed for the t2k system.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:09 PM

Default welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1971 View Post
i used to play T2k and M2k back in the mid 90s. then life caught up. Now life seems more manageable but no t2k players around me. maybe when i move back east i will find some. right now i am just working on my t2k database. i am really interested in unarmed combat house rules folks may have developed for the t2k system.
always glad to hear from a new playah

much in the same situation as you gaming wise -but lucky to have a group that gets together 3-4 times a year for weekend long sessions

as for house rules - dare I venture these

http://thebigbookofwar.50megs.com/DOX/0-House%20rules/

for your consideration...
Old 09-18-2011, 10:04 AM

Default Getting things bass ackwards

Hello all,

I've been following Twilight 2000 since the early '90s, and have always found it to be one of my favorite settings. I've already posted a couple of items, but have neglected to make a formal introduction. OOPS.

Hello, my handle is Top-Break, and I am a Twilight 2000 Fan.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:06 PM

Default This is like crack

So, I'm a T2K junkie from way back. I registered at the old forum as Ancestor but was promptly called to active duty thereafter and forgot about the whole thing. At any rate, I discovered Chico's page while wasting time at work and was dragged back to the 7th grade. I discovered the link to this forum there and was blown away. Thank you all for the great work you have done to keep this game alive and I hope that I can add something useful in what few spare moments I have. My background is NG. I've deployed for several domestic operations (Katrina, Gustav), took a long AD tour working to improve multi-state response for the NG to large scale domestic operations, and then deployed to the Horn of Africa for a "combat tour". I hope that I can provide some insight on DOMOPS as well as the amazing place that is the dark continent. Again, thanks for this great web site!
Old 12-25-2011, 11:05 PM

Default Still Running T2k at Gaming Conventions

Been playing it since it came out when I was in High School in mid-80's. Served in Army 1992-2000. Lived in and know Eastern Europe quite well too. Am the sole person running games at Origins Gaming Convention in Columbus, Ohio annually. Last few years have run these 4 hour mini games with 8-12 victims...I mean players:

2008: Crossing the Oder: 1999, rebuilt Berlin Brigade, flush with USAF/USN/DOD Civilian vol. is attached to Brit II Corps. Sent across the Oder river with Brit Armored Recon regiment to seize Polish oil fields............. YES! I said Oil Fields... Gorzow Wielkopolski... funny, the resistance stiffened up quickly when those 57mm S-60 and ZSU-57-2 and Mortars in them thar hills opened up on Brit Lt. Armor and up armored Hmmwv's..... it's not pretty!

2010: Trap at Hogweed Junction: US Logistics unit with fuel(yes, Mad Max style fuel tanker with one legged sniper), meds, and armored deuce-and-a -halfs ambushed by East German (gasp!) hostile anti-social ex-Pro-Communist marauders with yes, PPSH-43 SMG's (think doors get sprayed at 20m). One player correctly guessed that horrid evil boom from 300m away that kept destroying Mk-19 gunner behind the armor plate cupula was a PTRS-41 (14.5) anti-tank rifle.... (evil grin)

2011: Ran two games.
A. The Smoking Dragon: Brit Ad Hoc transport unit is sent to evacuate a leg-mobile Brit Infantry Platoon. Sadly they get there just after the shell-fire stopped.... strange mist in the air... recon troops drop from non-persistant NBC residues... "Gas-Gas-Gas" anyone? Oddly while picking over the site for survivors.... my...isn't that a BTR-152 and men in WP Gas Masks emerging from the trail? Battle ensues.

B. The Red Plateau: Libya, 1997. Yep, I planned this before IRL Libya actually happened. Soviets took over Libyan stored 1000 T-55's and other assets (think Spetznaz operation). They try to march on to Egypt and Tunisia. NATO (Brit, Aussie, NZ, Spanish/Portuguese) forces trying to dislodge the Soviets with their Libyan lackies. So this lone Chieftain, mauled, gets lost and finds a water well at an old Italian Airfield... Sov troops need water...bad... so they dispatch heavily protected convoy to get water from the only spot on the map... a well at an old Italian Airfield... Battle ensues... maintenance and SAS Land Rover involved. ;-)

I kinda thought maybe someone would be interested if I posted these mini modules.... dunno what do u all think?

PS this year I'm running another pair of games at Origins.... I'm feeling Southern Germany and Korea... :P Been researching all your German Territorial Army stuff, DPRK on my own too.... I'm feeling it.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:12 PM

Default Still Running T2k at Gaming Conventions

Been playing it since it came out when I was in High School in mid-80's. Served in Army 1992-2000. Lived in and know Eastern Europe quite well too. Am the sole person running T2k games at Origins Gaming Convention in Columbus, Ohio annually. I ran 6x 4-hour games last summer.... all full of 8-12 people. No problem at all. Old school and newbies. My quote: Ruthless Gritty Post-Apocalyptic game. Not for the timid. Ages 10+ (LOL)
Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 PM

Default T2K slaughterfest

As mentioned in the New Members thread, I've been running Twilight (V.1) games since it came out when I was in High School in mid-80's. Served in Army 1992-2000. Lived in and know Eastern Europe quite well too. Am the sole person running games at Origins Gaming Convention in Columbus, Ohio annually. Last few years have run 4-hour mini games with 8-12 victims...I mean players.
PS this year I'm running another pair of games at Origins.... I'm feeling Southern Germany and Korea... :P Been researching all your German Territorial Army stuff, DPRK on my own too.... I'm feeling it.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 AM

I'm not exactly new, but I've been away from the site for a while; and WOW what a lot of wonderful material has been posted while I've been away. It's going to take we a while to look through it all, and I'm going to enjoy every minute.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 AM

Hey guys,

I am completely new to this forum, and just going through all the material posted here. very nice.

Serena