RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 03-04-2016, 07:06 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Default A message from our favorite Little Dictator (not Trump)

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un ordered his country to be ready to use its nuclear weapons at any time and to turn its military posture to "pre-emptive attack" mode in the face of growing threats from its enemies, state media said on Friday.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

clearly he is trying to do some chest puffing. If you think this is a serious threat they I have a bridge in New York for sale you might want.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:13 AM

He does this so often it's not even news these days.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:45 AM
The end is nigh!!!

MANILA (Reuters) - The Philippines said on Saturday it had seized a North Korean freighter that was covered by harsher United Nations' sanctions against Pyongyang over its nuclear program.

Manila will also deport the vessel's 21 North Korean crew and will await a U.N. inspection team from the United Nations, foreign ministry spokesman Charles Jose said in a text message.

"In compliance with the United Nations resolution, the North Korean ship in Subic will be impounded and not allowed to leave port," he said.

The 6,830 deadweight tonne (dwt) cargo ship Jin Teng was one of the first sanctioned North Korean ships to enter a foreign port since the tightened sanctions were passed unanimously by the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday. Thirty-one North Korean ships are on the list.

"The world is concerned over North Korea's nuclear weapons program and as a member of the UN, the Philippines has to do its part to enforce the sanctions," said Manolo Quezon, deputy presidential spokesman told reporters.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:42 PM

Remember, this is the same little punk who, a couple of years ago, threatened to nuke San Francisco, L.A., NORAD (though on the map, the missile meant for NORAD overshot and was headed for northern Louisiana), and....Austin, TX (the local paper asked folks what they thought, and wondered if some UT Sorority girls told him to kiss off, or if a local BBQ joint had screwed up his order). He's doing the same crap his father tried, and make bombastic threats in the expectation that the ROKs, Japan, and the U.S. will send aid to NK in order to get them to cool it. No one's biting anymore, and he's throwing a temper tantrum.

Old USMC Adage
Old 03-06-2016, 08:19 PM
Registered Registrant

I believe it was President Carter who pushed the "appeasement" policy for North Korea, paying them off every time they started to rattle the sabre.
With a track record going back to the start of the 1980s, it's little wonder the latest NK dictator thinks sabre-rattling will work and it's even less wonder that he throws a tantrum when it doesn't!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:01 PM

I really wish they did follow through on their threats. We'd FINALLY be rid of them once and for all, and the north Koreans might actually get a chance at having a real life!

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 03-08-2016, 08:07 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Things heating up with both China and Russia warning North Korea. South Korea and the USA will stage a major wargamer later this spring which lead to the newest threats.

Russia has warned North Korea that threats to deliver “preventive nuclear strikes” could create a legal basis for the use of military force against the country, suggesting that even Pyongyang’s few remaining friends are growing concerned about its increasingly confrontational stance.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:31 PM

We almost had the Second (and last) Korean War in 1994. That was when the NK's nuclear program rang alarm bells in D.C., Seoul, and Tokyo for the first time. There was talk of preemptive strikes, evacuating all non-essential U.S. citizens from South Korea, federalizing Guard and Reserve units to support up to 400,000 troops headed to the ROK, that sort of thing. Then Jimmy Carter did some freelance diplomacy, the "Agreed Framework" and all that-which the NKs violated as soon as the ink was dry, etc., etc. The Clinton Administration was upset with a former President doing this sort of thing, and some (inside and outside the Administration) felt the only thing Jimmy Carter was trying to do was get the Nobel Prize for being able to defuse a crisis before the air turned to lead.

Old USMC Adage
Old 03-08-2016, 09:21 PM

If Carter had stayed out of it there'd probably be a few deaths (mainly on the NK side I'm guessing), but the problem would have been solved and there'd now be only one Korea.
All he's really done is prolong the issue by a few more decades, and there'll probably be/been just as many deaths anyway (NK has a reputation for killing their own people).

Mors ante pudorem
Old 03-13-2016, 08:24 AM
The end is nigh!!!

Now North Korea has lost a sub and will be blaming the US and South Korea forces for sinking it during the war games they are conducting in the area.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:01 AM

Be funny if it showed up in a port in South Korea, the whole crew defecting.
Funny right up until the north threw a tantrum and lobbed a few nukes their way...

Mors ante pudorem