RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
While night vision goggles and radios are standard not every solider is going to have a set and not every military vehicle is going to radio or means to mount one. Some unit might Motorola Sabers or the AN/PRC-343 Integrated Intra-Squad Radio (IISR). Not everyone going to issue with one. As the war goes on both night vision goggles and radio are going to give out based on need and same with batteries.
This and the death of smartphones and internet should affect Western societies pretty quickly, especially among younger folk.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:29 PM
Ephemera of the Big Ka-Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45cultist View Post
This and the death of smartphones and internet should affect Western societies pretty quickly, especially among younger folk.
You might find that much of the world would be affected by the collapse of the cellular systems.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:33 AM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallShadow View Post
You might find that much of the world would be affected by the collapse of the cellular systems.
No doubt about that but I wonder if the culture shock will be bigger for Western societies than some others simply because so much of our social and work life is conducted through computers/smart phones.
Not simply Western societies but also the younger generations in tech savvy societies who have found digital tech a portal into the outside world where otherwise their traditions/culture would limit their exposure/interaction to the wider world.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:46 AM

The Prepper community is like everyone, made up of unique individuals. Some are going to help, some are going to hinder and as long as we don't have blanket statements I think it's okay. I have Prepper friends both here and overseas and I think highly of them but you also hear of individuals who seem to think a disaster is an excuse for a free-fire zone.

As I said in The Morrow Project forum they're going to come up against the military, police and disaster control and federal organisations such as the USA's FEMA. What the situation is and how it works out is a game situation
Old 12-18-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallShadow View Post
I bet you're correct, but I only see the smart phone addicts here since I can't travel abroad.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:04 PM

Rules for...

Computer systems and computer networks.
Computer and Network security.
Jamming (wifi)

Civvy & military both, where they are different.

Rules for determining wide area networks. For example, some Polish (or Czech or American) electronics wiz may cobble up a set of three towers covering downtown Krakow with cell or wi-fi, or a hardwired cameras.

Or someone rewires Sussex & Kent (but nowhere else and not out of England). Or all of Australia is fine if no one nukes it. Or Japan has enough power to rebuild its internet by building new equipment.

My point (and this is the problem with any post-apolcalyptic RPG), that you need to include rules for still-working tech, partially working tech, repairing tech. (Computers and commo systems are not the only holes).

Uncle Ted
Old 12-19-2018, 02:26 AM

And here I thought this thread was going to be about merging T2K with Cyberpunk 2020 ...

http://copeab.tripod.com
Old 12-19-2018, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab View Post
And here I thought this thread was going to be about merging T2K with Cyberpunk 2020 ...
Already been done. Twilightcycle:2000.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 12-19-2018, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab View Post
That's all my games. The systems bolt together perfectly, although it becomes far, far more lethal
Old 12-19-2018, 09:08 AM

This forum has offered up so many useful things, food and water are two examples. I have the DC1 gear book with electronics, there might be some rules to form a basic guide.