RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 08-08-2017, 01:03 PM

Default Nuclear Bombs

I developed a listing of nuclear bombs for my campaign that I thought I would share.

The numbers for US and Soviet weapons are greatly reduced from what were historically available, especially in the V.1 time line. I use the V2 history tweaked quite a bit, including a major effort by the Soviets to get a treaty reduce the number of weapons after the coup and reduce spending pressures on their nuclear forces by trying to overmatch the US. Only US and UK weapons are based on solid public available data. All others are largely conjecture, except that the Soviet weapons are largely based on real designations, but the data is mostly guess work (who knows - the FBI may come calling).

Enjoy finding the odd lost weapon at a crash site or in a wrecked artillery vehicle!
Attached Files
File Type: doc NUCLEAR BOMBS AND ARTILLERY SHELLS.doc (201.0 KB, 75 views)
Old 08-15-2017, 03:14 PM

This only covers air dropped bombs and artillery shells at the moment I see; you may want to add shorter-range ballistic missiles.

Great work though.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
I developed a listing of nuclear bombs for my campaign that I thought I would share.

The numbers for US and Soviet weapons are greatly reduced from what were historically available, especially in the V.1 time line. I use the V2 history tweaked quite a bit, including a major effort by the Soviets to get a treaty reduce the number of weapons after the coup and reduce spending pressures on their nuclear forces by trying to overmatch the US. Only US and UK weapons are based on solid public available data. All others are largely conjecture, except that the Soviet weapons are largely based on real designations, but the data is mostly guess work (who knows - the FBI may come calling).

Enjoy finding the odd lost weapon at a crash site or in a wrecked artillery vehicle!

Good work. One question were did you get your info on the British WE.177 bomb numbers, as they seem a little high?
Old 08-16-2017, 01:05 AM

The WE.177 numbers are a little high. I deliberately did that, as I believe the British would have built more between 1994-1996 regardless of which timeline you use. Plus, although I factored in a START treaty in my history for a MAJOR US - USSR reduction, I believed the British, not bound by a START treaty, would have expanded their nuclear forces in the face of all the tension in Europe believing the lessened US nuclear umbrella that NATO relied on might be lessened with the US hording its remaining weapons. I think historically, the Brits had about 100 fewer weapons.

Feel free to play with the numbers. For my campaign, I wanted quite a lot fewer tactical nukes that had gone off. In reality, both the US and the USSR had thousands more available.