RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2018, 11:02 AM

Default Zombie/28 Days Later/Crossed Scenarios

Exploring ideas for the above. Have others run such a campaign using TW2000? I would love to discuss possible scenarios, adventures, NPCs and other situations with similar fans of this genre. I am also going to be posting some of my own ideas here and welcome feedback and ideas.

My campaign is set in and around LA. The group consists of a university profesor, a special forces officer, an intelligence officer, a police officer, and a professional burglar.

I prefer the idea of some kind of infected crisis. A friend of mine helped me put this idea together. I realize the science is a bit wonky but the important thing is that it sound good--and none of my players took bio beyond one level in high school anyway.

The S1R1 virus Syptoms

The S1R1 is a highly infectious disease spreading like influenza and able to survive on surfaces for up to 24 hours. Infected individuals do sneeze often with infected droplets of S1R1 able to spread up to 6 meters. One infected individuals on average infected 5 other people and it has a mortality rate of 86% (in other words in a sample of 100 people, 86 people who contracted the virus died within 8 days, anybody who lived longer then 8 days underwent euthanasia, 10 out of the 100 who contracted the virus did not

Early Symptoms shortly after infection
Sneezing
Dizzyness
Fatigue
Sweats

These symptoms kick in by day 2-4
Dilerium
Dementia
Amnesia
Muscle cramps and spasms

The onset of early dementia occurs as the virus travels up the spinal column disrupting higher brain functions. These symptoms can occur from day three of infection to day six.

The victim may wander around like a 'zombie' and be largely confused by what happens around them. It is difficult for them to rest due to the discomfort and they may wander until they collapse from exhaustion. They are largely dangerous as passive carriers, as their bodily fluids are highly contagious.

Later symptoms become apparent after day 5
Psychosis
Violent behavior
Hallucinations
Uncontrollable
By day eight the victim is a shell of their former self, unable to see reason and lashing out at any nearby person.

These infected can be dangerous, but mostly if bothered. However there is a risk that they will act like 'slow zombies'. They are capable of moving quickly at this stage but are mostly wandering in a world of madness. They still get hungry and thirsty. They are particularly dangerous to weak, injured or other poorly defended people. In crowds they can be very dangerous. They rarely attack one another but may do so.

Feral Infected State
Have heightened levels of adrenaline, the brain swells and becomes inflamed leading to massive chemical imbalances leaving a late infected, extremely violent and suffering frequent muscle spasms and sometimes seizures. Their brain retreats into a type of "Primitive state" where they rage after anything that moves like "prey" and grabs their attention.