RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2013, 10:25 AM

Please allow me to clarify my suggestion about converted cement trucks...I mean replacing the mixer apparatus with a non functional dump body. I would imagine you could take either a 3 axle dump truck body or shorten a semi trailer dump box to do the job. Shortening the semi body would probbably allow you to construct a passage to the cab as well at the same time.

-Dave
Old 01-06-2013, 05:36 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnickelfritz View Post
Please allow me to clarify my suggestion about converted cement trucks...I mean replacing the mixer apparatus with a non functional dump body. I would imagine you could take either a 3 axle dump truck body or shorten a semi trailer dump box to do the job. Shortening the semi body would probbably allow you to construct a passage to the cab as well at the same time.

-Dave
Maybe one could also cut the top of the mixer apparatus (tough work, I know) and put a metal or wood floor down inside, then weld some pintle mounts around the sides and front. A heavier weapon could be fired from the rear. Maybe even some kind of ball mount could be made for the rear.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 01-07-2013, 12:10 PM

This is a very good article and James should be congratulated. This is as good as anything published by GDW and possibly Osprey.

Regarding a followup, it might be worthwhile to explore some of the convoy/gun truck material that came out of Africa in the 1960s and 1970s, particularly Rhodesia. There was some wild stuff built there to protect convoys of civilians and military alike.

One of my favorite was the Spider shotgun system, a barrel-like device mounted on the top of a vehicle with something like 40 12 ga. shotgun barrels splayed around it in a circle. The operator turned a crank, setting off all the shotgun shells and spraying the entire nearby area with whatever load the shells posessed. I recall seeing it in an old (1980s) Soldier of Fortune magazine and noting that it was also used for clearing landmines (?). I have no idea if the thing worked, but it looked utterly menacing and would definitely make me hesitate rush that particular vehicle.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal5x5 View Post
This is a very good article and James should be congratulated. This is as good as anything published by GDW and possibly Osprey.

Regarding a followup, it might be worthwhile to explore some of the convoy/gun truck material that came out of Africa in the 1960s and 1970s, particularly Rhodesia. There was some wild stuff built there to protect convoys of civilians and military alike.

One of my favorite was the Spider shotgun system, a barrel-like device mounted on the top of a vehicle with something like 40 12 ga. shotgun barrels splayed around it in a circle. The operator turned a crank, setting off all the shotgun shells and spraying the entire nearby area with whatever load the shells posessed. I recall seeing it in an old (1980s) Soldier of Fortune magazine and noting that it was also used for clearing landmines (?). I have no idea if the thing worked, but it looked utterly menacing and would definitely make me hesitate rush that particular vehicle.
Thanks, it is a bit easier than writing an Osprey as I can make up what I need to!

I will check out Rhodesian equipment - I have a few oddities and ideas to incorporate, many of them suggested by the feedback that everyone gives, for which I am very grateful.