RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2009, 07:04 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Default Another Jackass

Ahhh another jackass decides to make air travel even more miserable for travellors by trying to blow up a Delta jet flying into Detroit.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
Ahhh another jackass decides to make air travel even more miserable for travellors by trying to blow up a Delta jet flying into Detroit.
Frankly, I think end the end passengers will have to be drugged unconscious before before the plane takes off and revived after they land.

Hello, Traveller low berths ...

http://copeab.tripod.com
Old 12-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Hopefully the good guys will learn more than the bad guys from this incident.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab View Post
Frankly, I think end the end passengers will have to be drugged unconscious before before the plane takes off and revived after they land.

But at least you wouldn't need to eat airline food. Perhaps they should offer this as an option - no complaints about legroom, queues for the toilets...
Old 12-27-2009, 07:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

What's really agrivating about this... It's proof that those who started the 'War on Terror' still feel that it is ongoing... But the current administration, the political talking heads & pundits supporting it are making the news show networks denying that the 'War on Terror' is still happening, speaking out against profiling, and pushing for some really stupid countermeasures that had nothing to do with what this guy did.

How can anyone ignore the fact that his own father turned him in, but noone did anything about it!!! None of these countermeasures they are pushing for would have stopped him, while profiling him would have. He bought the tickets with cash, and was traveling without any luggage. Add to that HIS FATHER TURNED HIM IN! the British wasn't going to let him back in to the UK, why the hell wasn't he on the no-fly list? With the way the Congress is investigating the no-fly list, you'd think it'd be easy as hell to be put on it.

:shakes head:

We've got to stop playing partisan politics, and shelf the political correctness. because we know for a fact that al-Qeada and other terror groups are actually PLAYING upon that to carry out their plans to kill us.

Sorry for the rant guys. But one of the things my gaming group use to do, was come up with ideas that would cause terror-style attacks so we could RP stopping them. And so many of the ideas we had come up with in the past can cause alot of sleepless nights. And I have a feeling some of you have done the same thing...
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:42 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Eastern U.P. on the edge of Civilization.

By all accounts it is another glaring problem with the system. The left hand knew, but somehow forgot to tell the right hand what was going on.

It will continue to be a problem until people get their shit together and not keep their own stovepipe separate lists.

Yeah, I think we have all played situation in our games, that would in RL cause attacks. There is also unsettle calmness still here in the US, and we slipped into it can't happen here attitude. Even though we have seen it happen. The sad thing is we have been more or less been at war with various group/flavor of the month since early 1980s. For the most part the government glosses it over so as not to cause panic.

Oh well, maybe someday people will wake up. I hope it doesn't take another day of several attacks with in short time span to give a wake up call. These groups have had low profiles for the past couple years. Looks as if they are still out there.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott Shaull View Post
By all accounts it is another glaring problem with the system. The left hand knew, but somehow forgot to tell the right hand what was going on.

It will continue to be a problem until people get their shit together and not keep their own stovepipe separate lists.

Yeah, I think we have all played situation in our games, that would in RL cause attacks. There is also unsettle calmness still here in the US, and we slipped into it can't happen here attitude. Even though we have seen it happen. The sad thing is we have been more or less been at war with various group/flavor of the month since early 1980s. For the most part the government glosses it over so as not to cause panic.

Oh well, maybe someday people will wake up. I hope it doesn't take another day of several attacks with in short time span to give a wake up call. These groups have had low profiles for the past couple years. Looks as if they are still out there.
What really gets me... is that political pundits keep throwing up Timothy McVeigh and the 'domestic terrorist' bombing in OKC as evidence that not all terrorists are islamic extremists. And want to call it the worst terrorist attack on American soil. It's like they are ignoring that glaringly obvious hole in the NCY skyline and the nearly 3000 people killed (and the fact that if the attack had taken place only a half-hour to hour later it would have been over ten-thousand people killed).

I am so scared that it's going to take another 9/11 to cause the American people to start slaping down those who want to play partisan politics with this threat.

Because NO ONE seems to be talking about the fact that none of the countermeasures that has been set up (or being put into place because of this) had worked to stop an attack, it was passengers and dumb luck that had stopped this fool on Christmas day.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:22 PM

Another jackass from another flight from Amsterdamn today.... Looks like the Secretary of Homeland Defense might have jumped the gun saying that there wasn't a bigger plan about...
Old 12-27-2009, 12:58 PM

Well what efforts we have put into affect in reality are only the tip of the iceberg of measures they should of implemented, but I leave it at that. No I think we are seeing effort to see how much back bone the current administration has. One of the worse things that could of happen, was the new jumping all over the 'debate' on the surge to Afghanistan. On one hand I do understand the general public need to know, but on the other hand, why should we give the enemy free intelligence information that they don't seem too willing to share about themselves......
Old 12-27-2009, 01:18 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
The worst thing about the whole thing (other than attempted terrorism) is that he used one of the kind of syringes that diabetics use as part of his kit. Another innocent group that will be singled out in searches...guess they'll have to carry their medical records with them now...

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 12-27-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
The worst thing about the whole thing (other than attempted terrorism) is that he used one of the kind of syringes that diabetics use as part of his kit. Another innocent group that will be singled out in searches...guess they'll have to carry their medical records with them now...
Yeah considering the I have family member who use those syringes it sucks. Considering that the Father-in-Law is in AZ and has to fly back in a two weeks it couldn't of happen at a worse timing. My wife Aunt was just complaining that she was going to bring snow globe up for her sister for Christmas, and she had to leave it behind in San Antonio, TX.

Why do people have to be assholes...
Old 12-27-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott Shaull View Post
Why do people have to be assholes...
Because they have always been. One good thing would be for the companies to ask if you have some special needs. Then, instead of you having to bring your stuff on board, they would provide you with their own (no more security leak as a result).

I have two childs and don't take planes at the moment because of that. If only they were providing me with baby bottles and milk...

Of course none has thought of that: either too simple or they are assholes as well. So much easier to put the burden on paying passengers.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
Another jackass from another flight from Amsterdamn today...
It appears this man was just physically ill. I believe reports are that he has been released.

http://copeab.tripod.com
Old 12-28-2009, 08:23 AM

From what I heard, this second "incident" (barely deserves the title) simply involved one sick man who locked himself in the toilet for about an hour. The crew and passengers over reacted...

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 12-28-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
I am so scared that it's going to take another 9/11 to cause the American people to start slaping down those who want to play partisan politics with this threat.
Unfortunately I agree with you It would take politicians putting the interests of their country before their own, and if you think that's likely, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. The terrorist problem is global and it needs a global responce. That does require that people talk and listen to each other. <sigh>

IIRC the reason that many security precautions weren't put in place by domestic airlines pre 9/11 was cost. That's still a very big factor today.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
From what I heard, this second "incident" (barely deserves the title) simply involved one sick man who locked himself in the toilet for about an hour. The crew and passengers over reacted...
All things considered, it's better to overact than to let something horrible happen like a plane brought down.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
Unfortunately I agree with you It would take politicians putting the interests of their country before their own, and if you think that's likely, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. The terrorist problem is global and it needs a global responce. That does require that people talk and listen to each other. <sigh>

IIRC the reason that many security precautions weren't put in place by domestic airlines pre 9/11 was cost. That's still a very big factor today.
Very true. But treating it like a police problem won't work. because the police are limited by what they can do, they are 'reactive' and 'responsive'... every time the police use 'sting operations' you have lawyers screaming things like 'entrapment' (like a group of lawyers are doing over a case where the FBI did a sting on a group of domestic islamic terrorists a few years ago).

And with the wall being thrown back up between the FBI and CIA, we can see that terrorism isn't being taken seriously. Because the only real way to deal with terrorism is to use ALL resources available against those whom are committing what can only be considered 'crimes against humanity' (because in all honesty, all war can bee seen as a crime). And they see themselves as 'warriors' and that they are 'at war' with infidels, thus we really should use everything we have to fight back. Be it using domestic law enforcement inside our national borders (and i mean ALL nations policing their countries), and using military personnel and intelligence agents to carry out infomration and offense operations anywhere in the world they find them.

While many decry our defenders engaging in actions like Jack Bauer on '24'... it's one of the highest rated shows. mainly because it's escapism where the 'Good Guys' always win, and do what ever it takes to protect and defend thsoe who can not (or will not) protect and defend themselves.

we all have to stay vigilant, and on watch against this kind of attack. Just like we really should stay vigilant looking for criminals breaking the law. Because that's what a real citizen does... They see it as a responsiblity of being a citizen of a given country, state or community. (this leads to another of my pet peives... the 'don't snich' movement... but that's for another time and place).
Old 01-01-2010, 10:46 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab View Post

Someone else came up with the idea where all passengers have to fly naked. Can you imagine that one?
Old 01-01-2010, 10:49 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
And another hurdle will be added. I resolve to never fly because of it, I'll just drive. My father had an artificial knee implant in 2002 and he has to carry a card with him when he goes through airport scanners since he would set it off.

Chuck
Old 01-01-2010, 10:51 AM

Nate, I agree with you, we need more Jack Bauers and Chuck Norris' and political correctness is going to kill us. I'll leave it at that.

Chuck
Old 01-01-2010, 07:39 PM

Hmm.