RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 08-07-2009, 03:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to clivegh
Default Morrow Project Recon Team CA-4 Mission Logs

Hello

My Group has started to do mission Logs of there adventures in the Southern California Region.

If anyone would like to check them out, they are at:

http://henrick.com/ca4/

Any feedback is welcomed!

We use iTableTop as a software bridge for all the players to play together across the internet at the same time. It works pretty well as we have people from New Mexico, Texas, Canada, and California.

Thanks Clive Henrick
Old 08-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Welcome to the boards. I will check out your logs in a little bit.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivegh View Post
Hello

My Group has started to do mission Logs of there adventures in the Southern California Region.

If anyone would like to check them out, they are at:

http://henrick.com/ca4/

Any feedback is welcomed!

We use iTableTop as a software bridge for all the players to play together across the internet at the same time. It works pretty well as we have people from New Mexico, Texas, Canada, and California.

Thanks Clive Henrick
Interesting Clive, where are your MP players in NM might I ask ?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner63 View Post
Interesting Clive, where are your MP players in NM might I ask ?
Funny to say, but I do not know. I will have to ask on Thursday when we have our game online.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:52 PM

Hi Clive,
I read the Blog yesterday and was highly impressed. It all seems very professional. You seem to be gathering lots of NPCs as more MP teams appear from the woodwork - presumably the GM has to keep track of what each team is upto. I don't have the MP rules, although I've read through some of the fanbased material out there - it seems MP is fairly unique for a PA game to have generated lots of fansites that are of a very high quality.

I'm looking forward to reading what happens next!

Malcolm
Old 08-20-2009, 01:56 PM

Thank you!

The Game is a virtual Table Top Game so there are 6 "Real" Players playing the game. I just run it.

A am very lucky that I have a talented group of players that like writing up what happens in the games (I give them extra XP). Its a great way to keep track of what is going on for campaign.

Yes there are more and more active teams in Southern California as the Command Group becomes Active. The Command group has about 10 teams with a total of 110 people. If you think about the 20 million people in Southern California Pre - War, 110 people is nothing.

As a GM its easy as most teams have things to do and so will never meet the players. About 50% of the Teams are support so they rebuild bridges, power plants, schools, ect. At this stage of the project, there just good "Buzz" for the players to allow for them to know things are going on. Only 30% of the Morrow Project are Recon or Combat, so in reality its pretty easy to handle the other teams.

I really wanted a different campaign, one that the project is in a limited state of active awakening. The Command Group 2 was always only supposed to be a Support for the Larger Command Group 1 and 3. It is light on Combat and Recon Teams, so it finds itself vastly understaffed for its role.

But That has never stopped the MP. It will push on and do its job to rebuild the US. Or it will die trying.

At least that the idea....

Thanks Again.

Next up for the Team. A Rescue of the Science One at UCI from a Battalion of Mexican Army Troops.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:07 PM

don't know much about "Morrow Project" never played that said I must say a very well done sight.

btw whats the deal with the AI?
"There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
--General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 AM

Default Whats Up with the AI's

Well I can share some of the back story, but some of my players are on this blogs so I keep some of it to my self.

My Game takes place with a Late war start of 2011, so tech is a little higher. At the time of the war, The US Government was running post nuclear war simulation about governments and population control using there latest post Damocles AI computers in the High Desert Area of California. <This area has a lot (and I mean a lot) of secret High Tech military sites (as are there today with skunkworks being a major one).>

Each AI has a mandate to win there game by a chosen method.

MARS:> Use of Force and military control. MARS AI wants to established a controlled stable political environment with a strong central power as the ruler. Its is searching for ways to insure this will happen for the last 150 years.

MORGANA:> Liberal Democracy and elected political control. MORGANA wants to establish a stable political environment in which elected officials rule the area. It promotes prewar establishments that support it aims.

CRIMSON KING:> No overall government, complete individual rule. Crimson Kings mandate is create an area with no central government to promote competition so that the strong will come to power over time. It works to keep society freedoms intact while promotion of its central mission.

There more to it than that, But all AI have been active in the last 150 years trying to mold the political landscape of southern California to meet there own goals.

This is not the Major Storyline for the Campaign, but it is a backdrop. The Players voted if they wanted the AI to take a more strong role in the campaign, and the voted was yes.

So there is many behind the scenes actors working with and against the players and no one really knows who is a friend or who is working for goals different than the MP.

Ta, Clive
Old 09-29-2009, 09:30 AM

Default Looking for another 2 players for the campaign

My Campaign is looking for 2 more players.

We play once every 2 weeks from 8:30pm (Pacific) to 11:30pm on Thursday nights using ItableTop software. You do NOT need buy any software as I have have taken care of that.

You can play pretty much a wide range of characters from MP personal to decentents of MP teams, to locals, to bad guys turned good.

Email me if interested.

Thank you

Clive
Clivegh @ aol com

Tags
ca-4, itabletop, mission logs, recon