RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-17-2015, 09:07 AM

I believe we've got one of the authors/design team floating about here somewhere who should be able to answer that for you in a heartbeat.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 09-17-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonthefox12 View Post
If you can, I am trying to figure out melee combat. What attribute do players role on? The book does not say what attribute (Though it implies muscle) players roll for melee. However, I would prefer a more definite answer, just to be safe.
Muscle would be used for Melee. Coordination is the primary stat for all ranged combat. In keeping with the most relevant characteristic being used in combat; I designate Awareness as the characteristic for Fire Control based systems (Missile launchers or guns mounted on platforms such as tanks and APCs). This is because your ability to locate and identify objects is based on that characteristic and Fire Control systems are not really based on hand-eye coordination as much as locating and tracking targets (a function of perception).
Old 09-18-2015, 05:33 PM

Ok, thank you
Old 09-18-2015, 05:46 PM

Anyone in the DC area?

I'ld really like to find someone to either play with as a player or GM.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:52 PM

Hello.

Thought maybe I should add a bit more. Been playing 1 st ed since the late 80's on and off. I also played some 2.0 and 2.2. Haven't played 2013 version. I think I have all first ed books published and most of 2nd ed.

I enjoy making more content for games and have dabbled in game design. You can get some of my stuff here: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/ESTAYLOR , free pdf's! you can preview the whole thing there. I am looking to do some TW 2000 1st edition work.

Last edited by Blink_Dog; 01-07-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink_Dog View Post
Hello.
G'Day, welcome to the site.
Sit back, grab a drink and prepare to spend hours combing through the threads - there's about 120 pages worth!
Old 04-10-2016, 12:26 PM

Location: district of Heinsberg (close to the border with the Netherlands)
Default Introducing

Hello,

my Name is Sascha and I served in the Bundesluftwaffe from 05.04.1988 till 30.06.1989.

My unit was the 2nd squadron of the FKG 2 (I was in the signal department).

I wanted to become an officer therefore I was not drafted like my classmates in 1987.
As I wanted not to just sit around I enrolled in an education course and one day I stumbled upon what had been the first RPG shop in Mönchengladbach.

Now, many years later I cannot recall which RPG I bought first, either The Dark Eye (a german RPG) or Twilight 2000.

And in 2012 I believe I was finally able to buy the last missing book from Twilight 2000, the Eastern European Sourcebook.

And I know nobody will believe it, but in 1988 I went to the XO of my Signal department (the commander of the signal unit was a Hauptfeldwebel and his XO a Oberfeldwebel) and showed him my copy of Twilight 2000 and asked him if it could not be used as a training tool.

Even though I once made up a few characters for T2k I have to admit that I never played it.

I like to play simple games like Space Hulk, Risk, Interceptor, Battletech, Car Wars, Battle for Armageddon, Space 1889 Skygalleons of Mars.

In RPGs I like Vampire, Werewolf, The Dark Eye and some of the games from Palladium.

I like some games where miniatures are used (Battletech, Warmachine, Space Hulk, Necromunda) but I hate glue and painting (so if anybody of you has any ideas of how to make simple but effective paper miniatures I would be glad to hear your ideas).

As I have nobody close who would like to play those games I like very much single player games. I enjoyed the single player endless campaign in Skygalleons of Mars and I am looking for something like this in regard to Twilight 2000 / Merc.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:07 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCollector1987 View Post

And I know nobody will believe it, but in 1988 I went to the XO of my Signal department (the commander of the signal unit was a Hauptfeldwebel and his XO a Oberfeldwebel) and showed him my copy of Twilight 2000 and asked him if it could not be used as a training tool.
You have to tell us what his reaction was!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 04-10-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
You have to tell us what his reaction was!
I don' think I want to know....

Mors ante pudorem
Old 04-11-2016, 03:44 PM

Location: district of Heinsberg (close to the border with the Netherlands)

OK, that is how it went.

First of all, you have to imagine me. I am about 2m tall and I was the tallest guy in the entire unit.
Oberfeldwebel was the second tallest guy.
A friend of mine once described me as "When you approach someone everybody fears that you just run over him without noticing that there was someone standing."

So one day I was walking into the office of Haupt- and Oberfeldwebel, but only Oberfeldwebel was there. I saluted, asked if I could enter and then I approached him and told him about RPGs and showed him the Twilight 2000 box, did not forget to mention that a G-3 has only 7 shots according to the rules but every shots count for three and yes, I knew that the G-3 has only a 20 shot magazine...

Yes, I tried to steamroller him with explaining RPGs and Twilight 2000 at the same time.

When I ran out of breath he wanted to see the box.
I gave it to him and he looked at it.
He handled the box very carefully and I looked at him and he thanked me and told me he would take a look at it. (I think at that moment I had a wide smile on my face like "Hey, I have a good idea" from Vicky the Viking. The only thing missing were the stars around me)

After a few weeks I asked him about it but he said something like "I had no time, I just looked over it. Ask me in a few weeks when I have more time. Then I will look at it more closely."

I was devastated and when I got home I looked into the box.
Everything was just like it had been when I had given him the box.

I think he never looked into it.

I never asked him again.

Looking back I think his expression on his face when I gave him the box was something that could be described as
a) WTF?
b) Is this a bomb?
c) I outrank him but he is bigger than me so I dont want to anger him.

So thats what happened.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Hello,

my Name is Sascha and I served in the Bundesluftwaffe from 05.04.1988 till 30.06.1989.

My unit was the 2nd squadron of the FKG 2 (I was in the signal department).

I wanted to become an officer therefore I was not drafted like my classmates in 1987.
As I wanted not to just sit around I enrolled in an education course and one day I stumbled upon what had been the first RPG shop in Mönchengladbach.

Now, many years later I cannot recall which RPG I bought first, either The Dark Eye (a german RPG) or Twilight 2000.

And in 2012 I believe I was finally able to buy the last missing book from Twilight 2000, the Eastern European Sourcebook.

Even though I once made up a few characters for T2k I have to admit that I never played it.

I like to play simple games like Space Hulk, Risk, Interceptor, Battletech, Car Wars, Battle for Armageddon, Space 1889 Skygalleons of Mars.

In RPGs I like Vampire, Werewolf, The Dark Eye and some of the games from Palladium.

I like some games where miniatures are used (Battletech, Warmachine, Space Hulk, Necromunda) but I hate glue and painting (so if anybody of you has any ideas of how to make simple but effective paper miniatures I would be glad to hear your ideas).

As I have nobody close who would like to play those games I like very much single player games. I enjoyed the single player endless campaign in Skygalleons of Mars and I am looking for something like this in regard to Twilight 2000 / Merc.
Welcome aboard! You'll find the guys in this forum to be very helpful.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Hello,

I lack the patience or talent for painting miniatures. May I suggest a
solution I have found to be effective:

Make friends with someone who plays the game and likes to paint.

Uncle Ted
Old 04-12-2016, 07:05 PM

The counters from Twilight Encounters and Last Battle work nicely.
I've also used plastic toy soldiers and matchbox vehicles to good effect.

Mors ante pudorem
Old 01-19-2017, 06:59 PM

Cool Introductions

I am Elf86. Never played T2K because the gaming interest in West Michigan was low at best, overrun by card gamers and W40K players!

Served in the 1991 Gulf War with the 24th Infantry Division as an infantryman sardined in the back of an M2 Bradley IFV. Three years in active service, earned my honorable discharge (wasn't easy). As I grow older, my heart (and imagination) feels I should have stayed in a try out for Special Forces. But I knew my limits.

Been gaming since age 11 back in the early 80's. Had several periods of inactivity due to lack of funds, poor computer capabilities, or the seven years of truck driving that eliminated any sort of a social life. Now a graduate of Miami University (Ohio) as the third OLDEST graduate in the class of 2014.

Let's roll some dice shall we?
Old 01-20-2017, 04:46 AM

Welcome
Old 01-21-2017, 10:12 AM

Welcome.

As you're in Michigan, is there a possibility you could make it to the Origins Game Fair in Columbus? We generally have a handful of T2k games there every year.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:23 PM

Welcome Sir.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:19 AM

i dont remember who wrote this, but i found this somewhere on here. i consider it to be the best primer/intro for t2k.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf State of the U.S. Army.pdf (172.1 KB, 97 views)
Old 04-13-2017, 07:12 AM

Default German Guy Enjoying Poland

German born (Native Hesse) moved to the US while teenager....and served with the USAF for 20+ years afterwards in healthcare service & education service.

I work with the Justice Department now for last 10 years and have been assigned to the US Embassy in Warsaw Poland for last 7 years under Diplomatic Corps.

I am due to rotate to a new assignment in the Fall 2017 and still waiting to see my new order destination - I am hoping for another overseas assignment but may very well return stateside.

As for gaming...been doing that since the early 80s....D&D, Traveler, Gamma World, T2K, etc. and eventually into PC gaming.

Have been involved in Gaming Conventions in Colorado (during the 80s as well) with my gaming group back in the day when I was still stationed there at Peterson AFB, and working at USAF Academy, Cheyenne Mtn AFS and Falcon AFS.

Have mostly gone to online stuff since it becomes more difficult to find groups in foreign countries....and my Polish still sucks :P
Old 04-13-2017, 10:56 PM

Welcome. Always good to see a new face.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:24 PM

Default Interested in playing

I'm hoping that someone has a game going on by like skype or something. I played this game back when I was stationed in Germany and it was interesting. We based the game off where we were stationed (Aschaffenburg). So I'm hoping to locate a group of playing online and join in.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:18 PM

There's a few PbP games about. Don't know about any in real time though...

Mors ante pudorem
Old 09-21-2020, 04:07 PM

Default Intro

Greetings,

I'm new to Twilight: 2000, but no stranger to classic pen-and-paper games. The recently launched KickStarter inspired me to jump into version 1 and 2. Born in 1972 ... cut my teeth with D&D, AD&D, GammaWorld, Aftermath! ... and the list goes on. Met RuneQuest a few years ago ...

Invested 27 years with the US Army and now work a desk job when not shuttling kids to and fro activities ... 2 of them vote ... yeah, I feel old ... but, these games remind me of my youth and scores of great memories! The kids humor me during vacations: we "roll" up characters and have good ole fashioned fun.

Looking forward to learning more about this game, meeting the community and preparing to lead a campaign with my nephews later this year. This year they'll be learning about Poland! Excited about Twilight: 2000 and happy to have found this forum. Be well!

Good hunting!
Old 09-21-2020, 04:34 PM

welcome amagi. this place is great.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffhound79 View Post
welcome amagi. this place is great.
Thanks! Happy to have found it.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amagi View Post
Thanks! Happy to have found it.
If you're after something a little more active and immediate, there's a discord server too https://discord.gg/BwUcGZ8
Ask any questions, make any comment, you will get a response fairly quickly.

Mors ante pudorem
Old 09-25-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amagi View Post
Greetings,

I'm new to Twilight: 2000, but no stranger to classic pen-and-paper games. The recently launched KickStarter inspired me to jump into version 1 and 2. Born in 1972 ... cut my teeth with D&D, AD&D, GammaWorld, Aftermath! ... and the list goes on. Met RuneQuest a few years ago ...

Invested 27 years with the US Army and now work a desk job when not shuttling kids to and fro activities ... 2 of them vote ... yeah, I feel old ... but, these games remind me of my youth and scores of great memories! The kids humor me during vacations: we "roll" up characters and have good ole fashioned fun.

Looking forward to learning more about this game, meeting the community and preparing to lead a campaign with my nephews later this year. This year they'll be learning about Poland! Excited about Twilight: 2000 and happy to have found this forum. Be well!

Good hunting!
Welcome, sir!
Old 03-19-2023, 09:19 PM

Default hello!

Hello!

I'm a long time roleplayer and GM, playerd 2e Twilight a lot and now got the 4e box and will be GMing soonish.

I'm a civilian, from Panama, wargamer and airsofter, also amateur war history aficionado... among other hobbies.