RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 02-02-2011, 11:52 PM

Default Introducing myself

I've found no thread dealing with such topic, therefore I did it on my own.
I'm Christian, nick-named cro - nobody knows why, it happend.

I served for 12 years in the Federal Armed Forces (Germany) as an officer and quited last September. Now I work for the Department of the Interior and doing internal things....
I was in the armoured branch at first, later on CIMIC-branch (civil-affairs) with two rotos in AFG.

I started roleplaying back in the 90ies. A lot of T2K and Dark Conspiracy, a bit Merc 2000. But my favourite ist T2K.
Hope to find some guys to discuss about T2K and to present some of my adventures / stories.
I am also very interested in playing T2K on the internet e.g. forum. Hopefully here is a chance to do so. Whether GM or player.

cheers
cro
Old 02-03-2011, 01:34 AM

Welcome!

You've definitely come to the right place for discussion and the occasional arguement. Plenty of opportunity to join pbp games too.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 02-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Registered Registrant

Welcome to the forum Cro.
I think you will find a lot of good material here and you'll be able to chat with T2k fans from around the world - Europe, North America and even as far away as Australia.
I know you'll certainly find plenty of people here willing to discuss T2k
Old 02-03-2011, 02:43 AM

Welcome

It will be nice to have some additional insight on Germany in T2K.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender View Post
Welcome

It will be nice to have some additional insight on Germany in T2K.
Oh hell yes.

And here are my first questions:

Do you think the H&K G11 Rifle rifle would ever have made it as the FRG's standard service rifle if the Cold War would have continued past 1989? Or was it always just an interesting experiment?

If the H&K G11 didn't become the Bundeswehr's battle rifle, what would have been the service rifle for the Twilight War? The HK G-3? Or would the the H&K G-36 simply have arrived in the line a couple years early?

And finally, do you think there are any conditions under which the officer corps of East and West Germany of the fictional 1990s would have conspired against the East Germany Communist Party to over throw the DGR government in a manner similar to the version 1 TW2K timeline?

While it may be one of my favorite parts of timeline (like the Soviet Invasion of Alaska or the Mexican Invasion of the US southwest) it may also be just as unlikely.

A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp, dba Pagan Publishing

P.S. Should we move our questions to a separate thread?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:24 AM

Welome aboard Cro!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:25 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Hi, Cro! You're right, we don't seem to have a dedicated introduction thread or forum. Just dive in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglancy12 View Post
If the H&K G11 didn't become the Bundeswehr's battle rifle, what would have been the service rifle for the Twilight War? The HK G-3? Or would the the H&K G-36 simply have arrived in the line a couple years early?
Or would the HK33 or G41 have been considered?

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 02-03-2011, 06:39 AM

Hi guys!

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I will open a separate thread for the answers about Germany and the Bundeswehr.

One question left: is here (or somewhere else) a chance for T2K online-rpg?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:56 PM

Welcome aboard Cro, and I think youll find theres a giant amount of great stuff here.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:12 PM

Hey Cro, welcome to the board.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Hello, Cro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro View Post
Hi guys!
There are several online PbP (play-by-post) games currently going over on @ RPOL. Just search the games and select post-holocaust as the game type. There are at least half a dozen going on at any given time.

http://rpol.net/?date=1265906653
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 AM

Default welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro View Post
Hi guys!

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I will open a separate thread for the answers about Germany and the Bundeswehr.

Glad to see a new nick on the boards.

Hope you find this as interesting and pleasant a T2K forum as I certainly do.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered Kraut

Hi Cro!

Grüße aus dem Ruhrgebiet. Das Forum ist gut und die meisten Forumiten können einem echt 'ne Menge Infos geben.

Where do you live in Germany? Im not playing via Internet, but maybe there is a chance to do some FtF? If you like, PM me.

So, one more German on the board ... I'm looking for the things (and discussions) to come.

Have a nice weekend everybody!

"IT'S A FREAKIN GAME, PEOPLE!"; Weswood, 5-12-2012
Old 02-06-2011, 08:31 AM

Hi Cro

Welcome aboard.

/Antti (aka Antenna)
Old 03-07-2011, 04:08 PM

Default Back

I've been away from the community for a while but am back. Anyone ever know what happened to Aaron's World War 2 stuff?

Best
Old 03-07-2011, 04:37 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawstcause View Post
I've been away from the community for a while but am back. Anyone ever know what happened to Aaron's World War 2 stuff?

Best
His site was on Geocities, but Geocities bit the dust. I guess he decided not to move the site somewhere else.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 03-07-2011, 04:42 PM

Location: Somewhere in the Eastern U.P. on the edge of Civilization.

Welcome to the group.

Welcome back...

Yeah it was shame when Geocities closed down because there was so much stuff on wide range of things that one could look up....
Old 03-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Registered Registrant

In regards to Aaron's WW2 site, try the Internet Archive Wayback Machine
This is the old geocities address for Aaron's site
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Come...t2000main.html

Here's one Wayback Machine link to his site, archived on 23rd July 2009
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200...t2000main.html

I found his site was interesting not so much for the WW2 items but for his optional rules regarding fires and fire fighting equipment.

Last edited by StainlessSteelCynic; 03-07-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Correcting some grammar
Old 03-09-2011, 12:09 PM

Default Good to be back

Now that 93 Games Studio has decided not to renew the license it is available to be bought. I sent a feeler out to Marc Miller but am still trying to figure out a response. Not sure how much it would take to secure the license and then what do do with it.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:12 PM

Default Hi

Hello all, Im Scott. Ive never been on an rpg fourm before, but I do remember T2K from when I was young, and look forward to visiting and learning the game system again. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Dangerclose

Hey all, im Garin but my nickname is 56 (LVI). I played T2K from 1986 until 1994. Then Alcohol, bars and women got into my way.

I got my first computer in 2000 and played a little T2k thru emails but had to stop due to work. Just recently i've decided to take it up again but FTF. I have a group of 3 (myself included) and possibly 2 more. I couldnt believe it! Especially in this day of age with the Technology.

I'm hoping to play FTF once a month and start the campaign in July. It'll be a Homebrew. Not sure if im gonna run the V1 or V1 with an alternate timeline.

I also frequent this site regularly from work, but i'm unable to sign in and post, so im always as a visitor.

Hopefully i'll be able to post more often.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:12 PM

F2F!?
We're all soooooo jealous!
Welcome to the fold.

Mors ante pudorem
Old 06-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

I have added a link to this thread to the new members thread.

New users are generally more comfortable adding a post to an existing thread (compared to creating a new thread) so having a dedicated introduction thread makes sense.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
F2F!?
We're all soooooo jealous!
Welcome to the fold.
I'm lucky as I have a weekly FTF roleplaying group, though T2k isn't on the horizon to play at any point. If anyone in the UK is looking for a gaming group then I can recommend the following website to try to find other roleplayers.

http://nearbygamers.com/

I have no idea if it's any good for non UK gamers.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:31 PM

That's how I found the three people I F2F with currently. It's only 1st ed AD&D, but better than nothing.
EVERYONE even vaguely interested in roleplaying should jump on there no matter where in the world they are!

Mors ante pudorem
Old 06-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Ephemera of the Big Ka-Boom

Greetings, Cro!
I'm sure your brains will be well-picked for your perspective from the cockpit of the Twilight War.

And here are _my_ questions--
How far from probability did the canon storyline fall from your point of view? What resources present in your nation were not taken into account by the story as it is?
Are there any glaring errors or misconceptions about you nation that we in the US have taken for granted?

And to all the others newly-joined, c'mon in, we'll make room!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:38 PM

Default Another introduction

Hey folks!
Nice to see, that there are still some people around, which like their postapocalypse without to much mutant-superpowers, too!

My name is Tom. I started to play Traveller around ´85 (and 2300, Cthulhu, Outlaw, and some other stuff) and been there for a long time. Then, i was not interested in T2k at all. My first rpg-apocalypse was made by Megatravellers Lucan... Starships and Sectors went to hell..

Somewhere in my twentys i stopped all RPG-related gaming.
Kept reading, but had no people "nerdy enough" to show some real interest in the hobby. But i picked it up again 2 years ago, cause my former girlfriend supplied me with a load of T2k-pdf´s !

After reading that (and watching some good ol´classics like Escape from N.Y., Mad Max, Assault on Precinct 13, Platoon, etc.), i was sure that i wanted to get back playing. I loved the "Kopfkino" in my younger years, and knew that i wanted to have some of that back.
I found a little, but steady group in the vincinity.
Since than we had loads of fun in kaputt Poland & Germany!

The players mostly had at least 2 PC´s in different locations of our adventures.
It started out as an emergency-concept (in case you drop your handgrenade in front of your own feet... have your other PC!), and developed into a multilevel-campaign.
We are shifting between 3 different groups of characters; the first group fought their way to & through Krakow (now they have RESET, but know they´ll gonna be to late for Omega!), while the second is cycling (ha,ha!) from Leipzig to Bremerhaven (the last train - Korzub - is a little ahead of them, but maybe they will stumble over it in Magdeburg!).
The third is not a group anymore - now its a sole survivor..he almost witnessed a coup among the officers of the 129.sov. MRD in the contaminated city of Wroclaw... he´s just running for his life and will soon hit Dobrodzien).

The players promised me not to look up too much stuff in the net about the future-history/canon of the Twilight-world.
They discovered it the hard way by adventuring from eastern-germany (area of Cottbus) to Krakow. By now they know a lot about Silesia/southern Poland, eastern and northern parts of germany, and heard some rumors about other regions of the world. And biting their nails to find out more...

My players are pretty good. They manage to play out their different characters real well, eventhough they have very different insights/levels of knowledge about the areas and factions around them.
We use the (old, but still great) "Heroes Now!"-Book for building the personal attitude and background of our PC´s (and NPC´s).
I always use it, escpecially to produce some stuff, the characters could talk/think/plan about besides the plot (like details about the quirky family back home, and their lifes before the war).

What we all like the most about T2k is the sandbox-thing and the "What if"-Situations of the classic WWIII-setting.
As a GM i still follow the same concept, as GDW did it from the beginning - presenting the group a mapped territory with many detailed NPC´s, different factions, each with their own agenda, attitudes, missions.
Then add the PC´s - shake it well - Voila!
My players like to make their own decisions based on their different PC´s attitudes, and that makes a pretty dramatic game.

Reading in this forum kept me coming back for more, and i hope it will be there for a quite a while longer!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:09 PM

Default How do warriors of the apocalypse

How do to all,

Just found the site. Got a hankerin' for some T2K reading, surfed the net and low and behold I find this site. Noted some of the fellas from the old RPG.NET forum (PMulcahy,WEBSTRAL,etc..), so figured it's probably a pretty decent site to find reading material, like minded oddballs, and what not. Good to see the game hasn't gone on to the dust bins of history. Keep up the good fight gents!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Welcome Tombot and Griff. It's great to have you here. We have a rather large collection of threads in the Forum Thread Map ready for resurrection should you find a topic of interest and, if you can't find what you need, feel free to start your own new thread. Enjoy.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 07-02-2011, 05:09 AM

Hey Griff! Thanks Raellus; i am sure we will!