RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2015, 11:44 PM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Default OT: Tactical level WWII gaming

I've been contemplating on running a bit of non-Twilight: 2000 gaming, should I find people interested in it. I was thinking about running a series of battles with Nuts!, probably Germany versus various opponents, beginning with Polish campaign and probably heading towards the vast steppes of Soviet Union. People playing would be Squad or Platoon Leaders (perhaps even up to Company Commander), so the minimum a player would control is a single squad.

Not only do I need people playing the Germans, but also at least one player to play the opposition. The opposition would have changing nationality (Polish, Belgian, French, British, Soviet) to suit the advancement of the campaign.

Another alternative would be a Finland vs. Soviet Union campaign, starting from 1939 with the Winter War and going on until 1944 (or even 1945, with Finns chasing the Germans out of Lapland).
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.

Tags
tactical gaming, tactics, wwii