RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 01-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

I threw together a Southern Alaska/Western Canada/Northern Washington situation map from my map database. Thought it might help the discussion.

http://games.juhlin.com/files/ak_can_pacnw_forces.jpg

Notes

Red = Sov
Blue = US/Can/Defected Sov
Yellow = Marauders

The infantry division in Seattle is the 47th (since the map is dynamic sometimes you cant read some of the info.)
The 1st Arctic Brigade is colocated with the 10th Mountain.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace
Thumbs up

Pretty neat map, kato. Did you forget to put in the Soviet 14th MRD in the Juneau area as well?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
Pretty neat map, kato. Did you forget to put in the Soviet 14th MRD in the Juneau area as well?
Nice Catch.

I missed that it is colocated with the US 2nd Infantry Brigade (Arctic Recon). It, like the 41st MRD, has defected . On my map when you click on a unit, an in browser popup shows name, strength (men/afv/helicopters etc) and collocated units (which are clickable as well).

Default is for the larger unit (manpower) to be shown, but that can be switched to higher rank (Brigade < Division < Corps < Front) since most higher commands are collocated with units.

Additional notes.
The Soviet 120 MRD is also colocated with the 76th (together 6000 men strong).

The 1st IB last know location is Wales AK. I forgot to scroll over to the left and up to show it. (I felt the map was getting too large). My "print screen" is not functioning now (need a reboot) so I will fix it tomorrow.

Last edited by kato13; 01-08-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Updated the map to include the US 1st Inf Bdg (Arctic) in the very upper left.

http://games.juhlin.com/files/ak_can_pacnw_forces.jpg
Old 01-08-2010, 07:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
One thing to remember about oil field workers is that oil was produced in 31 US states in 1997, and 9 of those states had no canon nuclear strikes.
Come to think of it, one area that would be useful in Twilight or even in a Morrow Project game/scenario is Northwestern Pennsylvania and the upper panhandle of West Virginia. You have two oil refineries in an oil producing area, Northwest PA, one refinery is in Warren, PA and the the is in Bradford, PA. A bonus maybe is in Bradford, you also have the Zippo lighter factory FWIW. As to West Virginia, there is an oil refinery in Newell, WV.

Chuck
Old 01-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Default The Canadians are coming

Ok here an overall campaign setting that I am working on for Alaska

The Canadian Government order the remains of Canadian Forces in Beaver Creek to invade Alaska a size the Alaska Pipeline and oil fields

Phase One - A small Special Forces Team with Canadian Ranger Support make contact with the remains of the Alaskan Government and bring a small delegation to Beaver Creek to talk to the remains of Canadian Government led the Minster of National Defence. The Alaskan State Government agrees to become a Canadian Protectorate with self governing powers and Canadian overseeing its defence and security in exchange for oil

Phase Two - the Canadian Forces launch operations to retake the pipeline; they find the Prudhoe Bay Oil Field abandon except for a small Russian technical/security team which is quickly surrenders with the promise of food. However the Canadian Forces find Elements of the 10th Mountain Division around the port of Valdez, however with the arrivial and Canadian Troops and the 1st and 2nd Artric Brigrades(who are now considered Canadian troops), the 10th Moutians quickly abonded the port and move to Fairbanks. The Canadain Commander sucessful make the Officer in charge belive that this is the beginning of a drive to liberate Archorage

Phase Three – Canadian Steamships Tankers begin to ferry oil from Valdez by sea to Prince Rupert, where is shipped via rail to Fort MccMurray Alberta for processing and storage

Current Situation

10th Moutian Division – The Divison is at a lost of what is now to do, while the commander declare for CIVGOV it has become apparent that CIVGOV has no troops to send to it aide and MILGOV is focused on Teaxs and Calforina. Since th Canadians have not shown any intrest in moving into the Fairbanks he has no choice and stay put and wait for futher orders.

Soviet Enclave Archorage – The Soviet are in dire straits with there logistical lines cut and the disgratation of the USSR they troop have two options one is stay in place and try to find and way home or surrender to the US X Corps. The Divison is have a lot of displine problems and they are unware of the recent change between the US and Canada

Speical Service Force – This unit had about 5000 troops at the begin of Twilight War, it was deployed from CFB Petawawa at the start of Alaska made up of Airborne and mechanized elements is was keep in reserve durring the opening of the Alaska battle, however is reinforced US X Corps when in retreat across the boarder, as it advance back into Alaska is was it fought hard and was down to 2500 as the war reached a stalemate. It was then withdrawn back to Beaver Creek to rest and refit. There is given a small ammount of reinforcement , reservist and zombies, and a unit of Canadian Rangers, and remain of the JTF Squadron now more or less a platoon. It was here they recived there orders to began for alone advance agianst US and Soveit Troops. It is cureently broken down into several elements that oversee the security pipeline through a seris of fortifed strong points

1st Infantry Brigade (Arctic Recon): This unit is located in the port Valdez as per the Canadian - Alaska agreement, Alaska oversea the oil shipments and remain in control of the oil terminal.

2nd infantry Brigade (Arctic Recon): The 2nd has been split to provide security to the oil field and security to Juneau which now serves a major supply point for a fleet of tugs and bring supplies in from Canada. With the help of Canadian Adviser a new government is being set up along with a training school for Alaskan troops. CSIS has also opened a field office.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:55 PM

Personally I do not see the 1 & 2nd Infantry Brigades (Artic Recon) switching their alliegance to Canada from the US, when US forces overseas still are loyal to Milgov (or in the case of those units in the Balkans to Civgov). I think a more likely force for the Canadian Forces to have available in the area would be 38, 39, and 41 Canadian Brigade Groups brought up to strength with conscripts, as well as recall of the secondary reserve, sometime beginning in late 1996, and early 1997. They would probably be structured as light infantry brigades because Canada doesn't have the war reserve to equip them as heavier formations, and it's unlikely that by this point the industrial mobilization of Canada's war industries would be able to provide sufficient vehicles to fully mount them as a mechanized infantry. Possibly they could be mounted as motorized infantry on stake body trucks with some tactical vehicles available to perform motorized recce. However, light infantry is probably the best organizational option given the lack of a well developed road network in the Pacific Northwest so support heavier formations, and the relative ease in which they could be mobilized, conscripts trained, and small arms produced.

Tags
alaska, oil