RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 08-13-2020, 08:26 AM
The end is nigh!!!

Default Things heating up in the med again.

BBC News - France sends jets and ships to tense east Mediterranean
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53767792
Old 08-13-2020, 08:30 AM

Sounds like a small bit of sabre rattling. I expect both sides will calm down after a bit.

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).
Old 08-16-2020, 01:09 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
BBC News - France sends jets and ships to tense east Mediterranean
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53767792
Please that not start a thread like this again as it usually ends with the thread starter with a temporary ban and or leaving over hurt feelings
Old 08-17-2020, 12:15 AM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
Please that not start a thread like this again as it usually ends with the thread starter with a temporary ban and or leaving over hurt feelings
Huh?
What do you mean posting some current news usually ends with the poster being banned or butthurt?
Maybe I'm just dense but when has that ever happened?
Old 08-17-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
If posters don't act like dicks, they won't be temp banned. It really is that simple. The forum rules are quite straightforward, and they don't preclude posts about current events with the potential for T2K/military/post apoc crossover.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
If posters don't act like dicks, they won't be temp banned. It really is that simple. The forum rules are quite straightforward, and they don't preclude posts about current events with the potential for T2K/military/post apoc crossover.
I completely agree - just don't get political and keep it polite
Old 08-17-2020, 03:03 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

these thread always always get political, how we forget the thread on how the US and Russian were going to fight each other over Syria except they didn't and the world did not end.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:47 PM
Registered Registrant

Personally, I would argue that the fact that we have forgotten about it is a damned good thing.
It means that people did not keep focused on the unimportant parts, it means people moved on and let the negative parts be forgotten, it means people didn't continue to fight over points that were not relevant to the original post.
Old 08-18-2020, 03:31 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
Personally, I would argue that the fact that we have forgotten about it is a damned good thing.
It means that people did not keep focused on the unimportant parts, it means people moved on and let the negative parts be forgotten, it means people didn't continue to fight over points that were not relevant to the original post.
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it
Old 08-18-2020, 03:41 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

RCAF, you seem very concerned about how the forum should be run and what is acceptable content for posting. Have you considered applying for a mod position?

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 08-18-2020, 08:06 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it
Dude, don't get all philosophical over what is essentially a non-issue.
This is a forum supporting a hobby, it's not a real world conclave making decisions about the fate of nations.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:33 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
Dude, don't get all philosophical over what is essentially a non-issue.
This is a forum supporting a hobby, it's not a real world conclave making decisions about the fate of nations.
So then why it this thread here,it so far off topic
Old 08-20-2020, 07:24 PM

I love how you successfully threadjacked and then turned around to complain the thread is off-topic. That's some master-level trollish kung fu.

The T2k connection here is actually pretty easy... France is positioning itself as the Mediterranean's peacekeeper and potentially siding against a fellow NATO member.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 08-20-2020, 07:39 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

thank you for proving my original point, that is topic is off topic and leads to but t hurt
Old 08-20-2020, 07:49 PM

I'm sorry. I'm having trouble understanding the point you're trying to make. How is it off-topic to draw a connection between France's real-world behavior in 2020 and France's game-world behavior in 1996-1998? Or are you now seizing double-unofficial mod control of the forum and declaring that any real-world events after 1991 are off-topic?

- C.

- Josh Olson
Old 08-20-2020, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Default Friendly Reminder

Gentlemen, please keep it civil, and keep it on topic. If you're not sure what that means, please see the Forum Guidelines sticky.

The OP was/is of interest to this community. The discussion has not veered into politics. A mod warning has already been posted (msg #5). I'm not going to lock a thread because a single member is continuing to intentionally troll and/or thread-crap in it. Instead, if said member refuses to cease and desist, administrative action will be taken.

-
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048

Last edited by Raellus; 08-20-2020 at 10:08 PM.