RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 12-04-2021, 12:45 PM
RPG Historian

Default Looking for 1999 Kevin Dockery Interview (& Insider Info on Company!)

Hey all, my name is Shannon Appelcline and I've written a few history books on the industry under the title Designers & Dragons, and am working on more.

Right now my focus is on two Michigan companies: Timeline Ltd. and Tri Tac Games. Timeline was of course the original publisher of The Morrow Project (and continues to be under new management in the 21st century).

Unfortunately, info on the companies is really scarce due to a general lack of interviews, design notes, or the other things that make it easy to write about companies after the fact. (And of course Richard Tucholka sadly passed in 2017.)

There is apparently *somewhere* an interview that Kevin Dockery did, talking about The Morrow Project, in 1999. The best guess is that it's in a magazine. Would anyone be able to tell me where that is exactly?

Beyond that, I'm looking for any info I can on the companies. Is there anyone who has insider knowledge of them? Who worked with them? Who playtested for them? Who was part of the Michigan gaming scene in the '70s, '80s, or '90s?

Thanks much!
Old 12-05-2021, 08:42 PM
RPG Historian

For anyone interested, one of my friends found the Kevin interview, thanks to the archives of this forum:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160520...oc_interv.html

It's the only interview I'm currently aware of with Kevin, talking about the origins of the game.

I'm still looking for any contact info for the principals, and if you know of any interviews with them, that'd be great too. Besides Kevin, the only other interview I've found is one with Richard, which is mostly about Fringeworthy:
http://www.agcpodcast.info/2017/06/a...-tucholka.html
Old 12-08-2021, 07:37 PM

Are all the game creators still alive? I know Richard Tucholka died a few years ago.

Kevin Dockery is probably the easiest one to contact. I don't know if he still works for the Navy SEALS museum, but I suspect that they could pass on a message. And, of course, his publisher might help

The Navy SEAL Museum
Elaine Ryan
Phone: (772) 595-5845 x 216
Mail to: Elaine@navysealmuseum.org

c/o Author Mail, Berkley Books, Penguin Group Publicity, 375 Hudson St., New York, NY 10014.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:11 PM
RPG Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
Are all the game creators still alive? I know Richard Tucholka died a few years ago.
Thus far it looks to me like the other major contributors to Morrow Project are still around, though I actually haven't been able to get in contact with any of them! Word is that Nick Foss has been far out of the loop for a while.
Quote:
Kevin Dockery is probably the easiest one to contact. I don't know if he still works for the Navy SEALS museum, but I suspect that they could pass on a message. And, of course, his publisher might help

The Navy SEAL Museum
Elaine Ryan
Phone: (772) 595-5845 x 216
Mail to: Elaine@navysealmuseum.org

c/o Author Mail, Berkley Books, Penguin Group Publicity, 375 Hudson St., New York, NY 10014.
Thanks very much for the thoughts on Kevin. I've been thinking he should be easy enough to get ahold of but haven't found a direct contact. Those are great though.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:03 PM

Kevin Dockery is on Facebook as well as Joseph Benedetto, Jr. If you look around on the Official MP Facebook group you will see both of them have replayed to some messages in the past.

As to Nick Voss, the last time I was in contact with him it was 15 years ago, he was working for GM in Michigan. It was when I bought all of the MP items he had.

Maybe Chris at Timeline Limited knows how to contact Bill Worzel, as I believe he was the one he bought TML from. Actually Chris should be able to get in touch with all of them.

I believe Richard was friends with Robert Sadler and William Waldrop, maybe his widow might be able to help.

Last edited by nuke11; 12-09-2021 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:10 PM
Registered Registrant

Based on the archived post that Appelcline was able to find, here's the archive of the website that hosted that interview - I find it fascinating to look through these lost/forgotten websites so I'm presuming other people do as well!

https://web.archive.org/web/20080121...kywess/mp.html