RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default OT: Passed my USN Officer Test

Matt Wiser 09-01-2004, 03:12 AM Just wanted to let folks know that I'll be in the USN's officer candidate school in about 3 months: I passed my Officer Candidate Test-now to get ready for the physical and a Review Board. Wish me luck: with Marine DIs in Navy OCS, I'll need it.

graebarde 09-01-2004, 06:00 AM A movie comes to mind here called 'An Officer and a Gentleman'. Hoahhhhhhh.

TiggerCCW UK 09-02-2004, 03:04 AM Good luck! I was in Annapolis a few years back, and its a very impressive setting. All the better for a bit of a beasting!!! Don't let them grind you down!

Matt Wiser 09-02-2004, 03:22 AM OCS isn't at Annapolis, it's at NAS Pensacola, FL, in the Panhandle about 60 mi. E of Mobile, AL. But your advice is well taken, especially with Marine DIs in Navy OCS. I joined the Navy, not the Marine Corps, so what are Marines doing there? I don't know, and my recruiter doesn't either.

graebarde 09-02-2004, 06:46 AM I would guess is because they (Naval Commanders) want the 'best' for their candidates? The Marines ARE Navy (though they will deny it). And it has 'always been that way' syndromes are hard to break?