RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion

Old 03-17-2009, 07:11 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Default wind power

Old 03-17-2009, 07:33 AM

Default yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain
forgot the sanitation ?
the sanitation co runs with a daily income surplus of 2 of rations -and employs 50 people .(Its mostly done manually ).

Please make a list of what personell work where .
bar
funral home
self defence school
sanitation
inkasso
landshrimp company

-a sort of a business summary .
Old 03-26-2009, 01:47 AM

Default Eureka Map

Gen.Pain is coming up with a draft for a map of the town with important places like barracks ,HQs ,hospital, bunkers ,storage warehouses ,workshops ,markets,CPs,OPs,fortifications,businesses,PCs houses etc etc

Please PM him your spots on the map if you have one .

Bear in mind : WillisCo was there first and then came the USMC with WillisCo cooperation .

Any place looks like it is a natural fortress covering an important enfilade etc has got a 98% chance of being occupied . Also like in Israel , the border areas cannot be controlled by those without the clearance to ownership in the strategic areas .Meaning Council sanction is necessary to own real estate that in effect lets you control part of the border or sea shore .

Summing this up means - yes ,you will get a small compound and possibly a few odd buildings more and YES - it will be easily/-ish defendable and have facilities "befitting a down and out warlord who has run away from his land in the face of enemies and disaster and now lives on the run in exile at the mercy of a more powerful leader" - but NO - it will not be real estate that has real strategic importance . (Like the only bridge across the river ,the harbour etc etc ).More likely its a modified apartment building or office building etc

If you dont get with him , you get what you get .
Old 03-31-2009, 06:14 AM

Default strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
Gen.Pain is coming up with a draft for a map of the town with important places like barracks ,HQs ,hospital, bunkers ,storage warehouses ,workshops ,markets,CPs,OPs,fortifications,businesses,PCs houses etc etc

Please PM him your spots on the map if you have one .

Bear in mind : WillisCo was there first and then came the USMC with WillisCo cooperation .

Any place looks like it is a natural fortress covering an important enfilade etc has got a 98% chance of being occupied . Also like in Israel , the border areas cannot be controlled by those without the clearance to ownership in the strategic areas .Meaning Council sanction is necessary to own real estate that in effect lets you control part of the border or sea shore .

Summing this up means - yes ,you will get a small compound and possibly a few odd buildings more and YES - it will be easily/-ish defendable and have facilities "befitting a down and out warlord who has run away from his land in the face of enemies and disaster and now lives on the run in exile at the mercy of a more powerful leader" - but NO - it will not be real estate that has real strategic importance . (Like the only bridge across the river ,the harbour etc etc ).More likely its a modified apartment building or office building etc

If you dont get with him , you get what you get .
noone sends me anything
Old 04-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Out on bail

Default Eureka or / and bust

Well, I don't own anything within Eureka any longer, so all I can send you are my heartfelt congratulations!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 AM

Default Eureka Sept .25th 2300 hrs temperature + 7 C*

The faint drone of the generator was starting to slowly annoy the reason out of Rupert Willis.The headaches that came and went ever since his head injuries made small inconveniences like that seem fit to deal with with armed force .He exhaled staggerdly and regained his calm .The electrical lamp at his desk gave a soft yellowish light that fluctuated slightly with the rise and fall in the drone .How he wished that the city council had gotten the powerplant up and running or had set up those wind turbines .But now the paperwork was mounting .The other council members were demanding reports and written recommendations and being darned pesky about why he didnt answer this or that question .They understood nothing about his work .NOTHING!

If anyone knew where to find parts for a gas fuelled powerplant or turbines for wind powered powerplants -surley they would dispatch a force to secure them ? And with the leaks in the council why should he even tell them one bit? This was his project..The former milgov guys were acting up again .Showing distrust openly..What INSULTS!! Suddenly he became aware of the rattling of the spoon in his teamug in his hand .Oh no..not again he thought ,just before a blinding white light engulfed him and the smell of burning hair filled his nose.He could taste it .But there were other sensations to -the sounds were peaceful and soothing .Almost like the sea when calm .A distant voice called hil pleasantly " act alone ..act alone ..only you can deliver them..the others will not help you..they mean to undo you.."all the while the white light was eveywhere leaving no image but excruciating white .

He came to -the light receeded rapidly into the colours of his study again .A few drops of blood trickled from his nostril.he wiped.The seizure had almost lasted a whole minute.Longer than last time , but not as violent.There was something new though.The voice .
He collected himself and wrapped a blanket over his shivering shoulders .He felt feverish.Nop matter .He had work to do .

He would gather up a team of professionals loyal to him and not the council -they would get him the parts.
The list didnt read long -after all the main protagonists were easily identified.

They all shared a common trait -they were useful for what he had in mind.

A few months ago he would have added his name to the list .Nowadays he staggered around with his cane ,pale as clay and easily winded and with frequent seizures that his doctors couldnt explain .

Outside the wind blew in a cold fog from the sea.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:40 AM
Out on bail

I really enjoy your mood setting pieces. And the way things are going, I'm convinced that building a fresh character was the right path to take.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:10 AM

Talking new blood -

spills better ..
Old 05-07-2009, 07:10 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
spills better ..
...good to know....

But how about a little story for the other main characters...I so enjoy reading about their fortunes/misfortunes etc...and offcourse my own glorious golden future for the survival of mankind

DeCorba.....whats going on here?
TPONG......a bit too silenced?
Paddy...has strange people come up to him to offer him bribes to take a dive?

and let's not forget the newbie - t2k - player - MR.RED . Do you wan't me to design a character for him?....I'd guess it's better to be prepaired than not.